cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used More Than 1GB Of Bandwidth

N/A

On Sep 6 I received an e-mail stating that my bandwidth usage for the month had gone above 1GB, and that I will be either charged £1.90 in my next subscription payment, or I can change my package to include 2GB as standard and the extra GB will cost £1.50.

However, when I checked my records I found that the "View My Usage" stats have not been reset since 26th July. In other words, the 1 GB has been accumulated over a period of at least 6 weeks, and not 1 month.

I have raised a ticket (#13373592) on Sep 6 which has been reviewed by Martin Cundell. He asked for additional details, which I promptly provided (9:30 AM on Sep 7). Since then I have not heard anything, and it doesn't seem that anyone at Custumer Services has looked at the ticket, although the status still shows as 'Open'.

Does anyone know what to do next?

Arthur.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Arthur,

The CSC staff have been under a great deal of pressure over the last couple of days and there seems to be a bit of a delay in responding to tickets.

Rest assured, it will be dealt with albeit in not as timely a fashion as is normal here.

Maybe some of the CSC staff will pick up on this thread and provide an update.

regards

Mark
jberry
Grafter

Hi Arthur,

As Mark says, we have a backlog at the moment due to the increase in ADSL limits, but be assured that we will get to your ticket as soon as possible and any mistakes will be corrected for you.

Regards,
N/A

Just in case anyone else comes across the same problem, this was the answer I received today:

Our metered DSL products were ment to be monthly payments only however at the time you were able to acru an annual payment into our system. This of course has effected our bandwidth meter, as your account was not expected to have more than 30 days credit at anyone time.

However in light of this issue, our programmers are modifying the bandwidth graph to handle effected users. We expect that the information will be more acurate when this is launched early october. No billing for you will actually take place till then and at that point everything will be recalculated.

Regards,
link:CSA Removed

Moderators note (John) Agents name removed as per forum rules
N/A

Hi
May explain why when I view "summary of usage in previous months" it is not correct :?: the figure listed for aug-aug is way out, anyone else got the same problem :?:

Good job i'm within my limit Wink
N/A

Our metered DSL products were ment to be monthly payments only however at the time you were able to acru an annual payment into our system. This of course has effected our bandwidth meter, as your account was not expected to have more than 30 days credit at anyone time.

However in light of this issue, our programmers are modifying the bandwidth graph to handle effected users. We expect that the information will be more acurate when this is launched early october. No billing for you will actually take place till then and at that point everything will be recalculated.
Is this quote an exact copy of the original ? I'm sorry, but the grammatical errors shock me :shock: Shocked :lol:
Community Veteran

Hi
May explain why when I view "summary of usage in previous months" it is not correct :?: the figure listed for aug-aug is way out, anyone else got the same problem :?:

It's a known problem. The summary monthly stats graphics and totals are broken and have been ever since the usage figures were available. I wish they would hurry up and fix it!!!
N/A

Thanks for the reply Peter, I have raaised a ticket on the issue, may be it will get fixed soon :!:
kizis
Dabbler

It seems like some of the Staff are unaware that there is a problem. I've just received a returned ticket saying basically that if your over your limit, then your over your limit.

If I calculate all the daily/weekly amounts shown in 'View my Usage' I don't come near the 1Gb limit for the period in question.
N/A

Hi All

It is something that we are aware of and we are working internally to get this resolved and ensure that the data reported is correct, our programmers are modifying the bandwidth graph to handle affected users.