cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Net

N/A

Use Net

Broadband Premier.

My billing date was today, VMBW all been reset.

I've never broken any monthly limits.

I've never had an email telling me i'm on go slow mode.

Downloading from an external news server @ a whopping 1k/sec.

All other traffic is fine.

What's the deal PN?
14 REPLIES
N/A

Use Net

0.1k second. :lol:
N/A

Use Net

Will anybody look into this for me or shall I raise a ticket?
N/A

Use Net

Yep downloading from an external newsgroup at 3k/sec Sad
N/A

Use Net

PN have it strangled and probably won't admit it.
Community Veteran

Use Net

How much did you download last month?

The emails about exceeding traffic allowances only started being sent out 2 weeks ago so if you have not exceeded any levels since then you would not see an email.

If you were managed (i.e. due to exceeding the 20GB P2P/Usenet/FTP limit between 8am and midnight), then it can take a couple of days after your billing date for the management to be reset as it is done manually.
N/A

Use Net

You are not alone. I measured a speed of 3.8k total this evening. PN are up the creek. Is it a campaign to scupper rivals by BT?
N/A

Use Net

How much did you download last month?

The emails about exceeding traffic allowances only started being sent out 2 weeks ago so if you have not exceeded any levels since then you would not see an email.

If you were managed (i.e. due to exceeding the 20GB P2P/Usenet/FTP limit between 8am and midnight), then it can take a couple of days after your billing date for the management to be reset as it is done manually.

60 gig total, under 30 gig peak. Why does it take "a couple of days?" this just sounds like a lazy excuse to me.
Community Veteran

Use Net

because, as I stated, the reset is done manually. The fully automated system is due to be completed by the end of Feb.

Remember, there is now additional traffic management for P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic which will be speed limited once you exceed the 20GB peak time (between 8am and midnight) allowance which you may have done given those figures. Details here
N/A

Use Net

If I was being restricted then I should be getting a solid 60k/30k/15k/7k etc.

I'm not i'm getting a random speed between 0.0k and 1.0k.

If I was being restricted then I would have got an email because I would not have broken any limit before the emails were implemented.

What needs to happen is for PN to just hold their hands up and say it's broken or for there to be an option in the My Account page to see what level of restriction you are on.

I really wish I could believe what i'm told. How's this for an example:

I'm a computer reseller and for some reason I sign all of my customers wanting broadband up with plus.net. Tonight I set a guy up on a brand new account, his p2p speeds were < 1k sec. How do you explain that?
N/A

Use Net

nope no quota's exceeded.... I don't normally download more than 20 gig a month on 2mb premier... this month i'm not even at 15...getting 7.6k/sec at the mo....

And I used to work on the adsl team at an ISP, so no palming off with try this and try that lol
N/A

Use Net

livelee: you aren't in Sheffield by any chance?
JonathanW
Grafter

Use Net

Last night we identified and resolved an issue whereby some people were seing slow speeds with their ADSL. Speeds should now be back to normal. If this is not the case, then I would advise running a BT Speed Check before contacting support via link:contact us.
N/A

Use Net

Nope, i'm on the sunny Isle of Wight.

I did various speed tests last night and they were all around 800k. This was on BT speed check and plus.net speed check.

Fair enought if my exchange is slow, but even at 800k I should have been seeing around 100k/sec downloads from news.
N/A

Use Net

Last night we identified and resolved an issue whereby some people were seing slow speeds with their ADSL. <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a>.

What was the "issue"? We have a right to know who cocked up.