cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usages track software

N/A

Usages track software

Can plusnet make a new program (software) of plusnet account usages track on desktop to kept an eyes of usages level instead of using plusnet member site.

Just my idea !

What everyones think ?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title reduced to lower cas as per the Link:rules
8 REPLIES
N/A

Usages track software

sedgleyathome,

Do you mean something that will monitor your bw usage ?

If so then it would be useless Plusnet making one as there are many already available. There is netlimiter, bandwidth monitor, OnlineEye, etc etc. Why not google these and see if these fit your needs?

Regards,
Community Veteran

Usages track software

Tom; I think what the OP might mean is an installable tool that uses the VMBU data to track you usage...
N/A

Usages track software

Daniel,

Track usage as in allow it to see exactly how your using the internet and so have the VMBU update itself depending on what the readings say from the software on your machine?

I know I wouldnt have it lol. Thats getting too much like AOL for my liking and besides I dont think this would be a valid way forward for the development team.

It would take farr too long to develop and it would only do the same job as the equipment Plusnet have already got in place only from a different angel.

Regards,
csogilvie
Grafter

Usages track software

I assumed what Daniel meant was something that read the VMBU page and presented the information to the user... something akin to I'd guess...
LiamM
Grafter

Usages track software

Hmmm... how do you do that?
csogilvie
Grafter

Usages track software

A VB program - http://www.csogilvie.plus.com/ViewMyBroadbandUsage.zip

The software isn't supported by PlusNet, if it goes wrong don't blame me, etc. etc. etc.

In case there is any confusion - all it does is what I assumed Daniel meant - reads and parses the VMBU page on the portal -- it doesn't do anything else.
LiamM
Grafter

Usages track software

Any chance you could enlighten us how to run it? I get the error must specify username and password from the command line. How do I declare these?

Cheers!
csogilvie
Grafter

Usages track software

Oops, it had a better error at one point in time, wonder where that went.

ViewMyBroadbandUsage.exe username password

Then double click the icon in the systray.