cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage limit

N/A

Usage limit

Hi

I read the limit bit on the website, but just want to make sure i understand it right.

i can use upto 10gb p/m on peak but i can use as much as i want to off peak?
17 REPLIES
superloon
Grafter

Usage limit

what package are u on? Cheesy
N/A

Usage limit

Premier Option 1
Whoosh

Usage limit

15gb peak time according to the Plusnet info.

Option 1
Peak-time usage allowance 15GB
Speeds Up to 8Mb
Price £21.99

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml?link=resbb_premierlink

Then look at product usage
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Usage limit

Yep off-peak generally has no limit, but there is an unofficial figure. Plus have said that anyone using more than 100Gb would not be welcome and they would look towards moving them to a different ISP.

Mind you, 100Gb would take a fair amount of battering and very few ISP's now would let you get away with it these days.
N/A

Usage limit

cheers, yeh i saw the 15gb bit but on another bit it said 10gb then stuff would get lowerd.

dont think i will ever use 100gb, normaly use about 45g/b a month max
N/A

Usage limit

Yep restrictions "slowdowns" strat to happen after you reach 10GB
Community Veteran

Usage limit

Plus have said that anyone using more than 100Gb would not be welcome and they would look towards moving them to a different ISP.

I dont believe they did say that at all!!
I am happy to be proven wrong however!

I think it was more along the lines of, if you regularly d/l more than 100GB on option1 then you should consider upgrading to the next option.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Usage limit

Hmm, can't remember exactly - you could be right. I am going on a post which was made here some time ago, which (at the time) I am sure the emphasis was on moving elsewhere rather than upgrading account type.
James
Grafter

Usage limit

There are no off peak limits.
Community Veteran

Usage limit

There are no off peak limits.

Absolutey none at all?

I can download as much as I like offpeak without any traffic shaping applied off-peak?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
RfC2k7
Dabbler

Usage limit

Really, so I can go over 100gb off peak?, dont get me wrong I have no intention of downloading 300 and 400gb but I could go to 150-200 off peak?
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Usage limit

This is what has been being said for some months.

From what I recall the 100GB guideline of old was always that, and just whilst PN were migrating to their new traffic shaping model. When full automation came in a few months ago, this 100GB off peak guideline was questioned on the forum a few times, but the answer has always been consistent - there are no off peak limits.

Of course, there is always the caveat about sustainable usage, and PN's right to change the terms, or take action against damaging activity, but the bottom line is that off peak is 100% unmanaged.

--
Neil
Alecto
Grafter

Usage limit

Looking at what they say, sustainable usage now only applies to peak time.

I'm amazed, but there you are.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Usage limit

If it became necessary on an individual account, they would only have to refer to the T&Cs, in particular the acceptable use:
overloading a Service

--
Neil