cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage figures may be inaccurate for late last week

10crawford
Grafter

Quote from response to a ticket I have on the go.

There is a possibility that the usage figures for late last week will be inaccurate due to the power outage affecting many of our servers. Unfortunately there is no way to be sure of correct figures for the time in question, we apologise for any inconvenience caused

I thought my usage figures for last Friday were grossly overstated and raised a ticket. Initially customer support told me that the figures were accurate. After some persistence and asking them to go back to the original data I got the above response.

I have asked that my usage for last Friday be reset
17 REPLIES
N/A

So do PN plan on resetting our useages or lowering it to compensate, or just let everyone go onto management earlier due to their screw up?

I got the same here, two reading showed as over 1GB at peak times, so ive lost 2GB out of my 5GB over this.
N/A

Add me to the list also.

I thought it was just one of those PlusNet anomalies that seems to be a reoccurring theme for the past year or so...

:shock:
N/A

add me also...It said I used a heap last friday also......
chymorva
Grafter

Love the new avatar, John, Very appropriate :lol:

(Sorry, I know it's off topic but I couldn't resist Shockedops: )
N/A

PlusNet PLC: would it be possible to reimburse the customers who have been affected by the admission of the following quote please?

There is a possibility that the usage figures for late last week will be inaccurate due to the power outage affecting many of our servers. Unfortunately there is no way to be sure of correct figures for the time in question, we apologise for any inconvenience caused

Phil a change was called for Wink

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Just removed your double quote]
N/A

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Just removed your double quote]

Tom, I do appreciate your efforts, but the double quote was intended. Wink

No matter though; the point remains: will PlusNet PLC reimburse the customers who have lost out because of this failure? I quote from below...

N/A

Sorry John Shockedops:

I swore down it was an accidental double quote Shockedops:
Not to worry, I shall know for the future and go bury my head in the sand again lol.

:: scurries off ::
N/A

lol :lol:

Heads and sands are exclusive to PlusNet management Tom. Wink
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

lol :lol:

Heads and sands are exclusive to PlusNet management Tom. Wink

OT?

Just remember that if your head is in the sand, another part of the anatomy is well exposed for kicking. Another PlusNet attribute? :shock:

Pehaps if the ratio of people to really fix things to those who can explain at painstaking length why it isn't a problem (yet!) were reversed we might see some long term improvement in the service :roll:

Maurice
10crawford
Grafter

This get worse.

The answer to my request for an adjustment to my usage last Friday is:

Unfortunately, we cannot do this. They are slight discrepancies, but there should be no major issues stemming from this.

I have replied to the ticket as follows:

You have no idea how slight the discrepancy is. If it was slight I wouldn't had raised this ticket originally. I think my usage for last Friday is grossly overstated.

I will ask again. I require my recorded usage at peak times for last Friday to be reduced substantially.

I don't understand your problem with my request.

Perhaps there is a problem in what I call slight and what they call slight. Perhaps 1gig of peak usage is slight to them!

I do wonder if Plusnet recruited a lot of people from NTL!
N/A

Perhaps there is a problem in what I call slight and what they call slight.

They are probably using slight as a verb. Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

The only way you'd probably be able to even think about getting it adjusted is if you can prove that the usage is too high... I doubt they would take your word for it.

Incidently, is it just me or would the usage not be more likely to be lower if there was problems with the data?
N/A

Perhaps there is a problem in what I call slight and what they call slight.

They are probably using slight as a verb. Wink

hehe, like the 'light' management of p2p and usenet when over 10gb at peak time.....maybe Genghis K was a 'slightly naughty' chap or Adolf was a 'little misguided' at times? Wink
10crawford
Grafter

Colin

I have to totally disagree with you.

Where in any contract does it say I have to keep records of data transfer. Plusnet have acknowleged there was a problem with the data for late last week and it is for them to provide accurate data for their tool.

I think your final comment is just you - you have no basis for making such a statement.