cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage and billing period

N/A

Usage and billing period

When exactly does the billing period run to and from and how does this equate to calculations re usage?

I am confused because:

07/05 - Invoice email stating that account was paid for period starting "2006-05-07"

08/05 - Get a warning email saying that my peek usage was over 8 GB

10/05 - Email "Peak-time usage - you have used 10.1GB this billing month"

Now I have been placed on the first level of resrictions for exceding the usage limit by 100MB which as far as I can understand can only have happened after I had entered the next billing period. The invoice states that the billing period was "2006-05-07 to 2006-06-06".

Carl
12 REPLIES
N/A

Usage and billing period

Yes, I've a similar thing and I've raised a ticket.

PN acknowledge there's afault with mine. My billing date is the 3rd but my current useage includes activity from the 27th of the previous month. I've checked it and the figures do add up. My current months usage also looks like it's planning to run from 27/4 through to 2/6, this is all according to the new VBMU.

I'm still waiting for this to be resolved.

I'm on Premier 1.
N/A

Usage and billing period

Same problem here,

The billing period page shows details from 2 months! so with this problem I now have to use less than 4 gb this month before peak time downloads being cut off completely. Have raised a ticked, but no eta as yet, does anyone have a lead time for a fix to this problem.
xblade
Grafter

Usage and billing period

same problem here also!

I suggest you use the 'Contact Us', phone CS and PM one of the staff i.e. dave or mand; together you may get somewhere

It is acknowledged that there is a problem with the VMB, so stick to your guns!

Best of luck
Simon
N/A

Usage and billing period

And same here.

I get an email on the 7th saying that my usage has been reset, but when I check, it tells me I have used 6.7 GB, whereas the usage in the few days since the apparent "reset" is a mere 780 MB.

Also, my current billing period is listed as "Apr 10 2006 - Jun 06 2006", which is rubbish -- that's two billing periods, with one recent reset date in between.

Why do customers have to worry about such basic stuff?
N/A

Usage and billing period

It's another one of those PN issues that most people won't notice.

When I raised a ticket they checked it and asked what I was on about since everything was fine - that's until I sent them a screenshot.

Are the only errors being investigated those who have raised a ticket ? They don't seem to acknowledge this as a general error affecting many customers?
N/A

Usage and billing period

The service status does contain an announcement about an update to the usage page - basically they know its goosed in a few places, they know a few people don't have it yet, and they also know that it does work fine for some people.

Its surprising that they seemed to fob you off though, since they have asked that people raise a ticket on their account if they have a problem with how its working (or not)

Check the service status here
Mand
Grafter

Usage and billing period

Hi

There was an issue with VMBU showing months longer than 30 days, meaning a small number of customers were managed incorrectly. This was resolved yesterday and all the users we identified had their usage reset.

If you have checked VMBU today and still seeing this issue please let me know and I will investigate it for you.
N/A

Usage and billing period

This was resolved yesterday and all the users we identified had their usage reset.

If you have checked VMBU today and still seeing this issue please let me know and I will investigate it for you.

It has not been resolved.

And CS hasn't bothered to reply to my ticket -- I wonder how they evere achieve their "average closing time" of supposedly well under two hours.
N/A

Usage and billing period

Mand, I asked again yesterday afternoon via my open ticket (Ticket: 19338957) because I saw it was supposed to have been resolved (the email update yesterday). I was told it's still an on-going problem and mine still shows usage from 27th (billing date 3rd). Looks like I'm working on a full 5 week month this period.

Thanks.
N/A

Usage and billing period

I wonder how they evere achieve their "average closing time" of supposedly well under two hours.

Suspect that the lower ticket times are caused by CS creating tickets to log issues whilst on calls - it will skew the figures and make them look more favourable, but then they incur the wrath of peeps who raised them via the web, and find that the actual wait time is significantly longer.
If you consider that every call they take will result in a ticket being raised to record the actions/notes against your account, assuming that your issue is solved on the phone - you have very short ticket times.
Edit: Fixed quote tags
Mand
Grafter

Usage and billing period

Hi

I've passed this back as the problem is still occuring, I should have an update for you shortly.

Regarding ticket response times, when an agent raises a ticket after a call to the CSC this is raised as a closed ticket and classed as a 'contact'. Contacts are not included in ticket statistics.
N/A

Usage and billing period

mandbeckett has said in a different thread that usage should be reset today.