cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Stats

N/A

Usage Stats

Hi, just a couple of questions re usage stats

1. I shut down my pc last night (sat) at about 8:30pm and i have just logged on now Sunday, 1:28 pm.. ive just checked my usage and it reports that i have used 24mb today?? how is this possible?

2. From what i can gather reading the forums if i exeed 100gb in a month my speed will be limited at peak times.. is this true?

thanks

Karl
10 REPLIES
N/A

Usage Stats

Here is the link for the SUP as regards the question about 100gig

http://portal.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

thxs
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usage Stats

Hi there,

If you are using a router to connect the connection will still be active even if the PC is off. 24MB is fairly typical for a night's worth of background noise.

We have recently introduced a sustainable usage policy (SUP) - there is a detailed description here.
N/A

Usage Stats

Thanks, ill have a read

as for my pc i have no router and i switch everything off by the wall!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Usage Stats

Ben,
You are the expert but 24MB per night doubled to allow for day time noise is over 1.5GB per month which seems to be a ludicrously high figure if, like me, you have a permanently attached router.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Usage Stats

My thought is the fact that the usage monitor is usually a couple of hours behind the actual usage. Did you download something in the last two hours before you switched off.
N/A

Usage Stats

its ludicrously high seeing as i was in the pub and my pc was off :lol:

i was surfing the net and playing an online game in the 2 hours before i shut down. You think maybe its logged some of last nights usage today?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usage Stats

Was it after midnight when you turned the PC off?
N/A

Usage Stats

no it was approx 8:30.. maybe i have a ghost Sad
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usage Stats

I think I may have found the answer, but it contains specific information about your account so I have PM'd it to you.
N/A

Usage Stats

my brother stayed over last night so maybe it was him!.. my pc is set to login automatically on startup... Ill give him a call

thanks guys
Wink