cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Monitoring Tools

N/A

Usage Monitoring Tools

Tell you what would be REALLY cool - in addition to usage stats, it would be really nice if we were able to see some graphs showing our usage patterns over, say, the last few minutes, hours, days etc. :roll: :roll: :roll:
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Usage Monitoring Tools

Sounds good to me Cool Cool :twisted:

But let's have the billing sorted first Tongue

Switches on pre-recorded announcement "Work-in-hand" due"real-soon-now" Evil

Cheers
Bill
N/A

Usage Monitoring Tools

I know its boring to talk about the "good old days" but the graphs you describe came as standard under the previous management!
Reliable, always available and useful!
Any usage stats would be good but unfortunately, and rather true to form, the plusnet flavour of metronet can't manage it.
Plusnet is rapidly turning me into a grumpy old man! :roll:
Community Veteran

Usage Monitoring Tools

Ahhh....

The good ol' days.

Support by email - and quick turn around of replies.
A support desk you could contact via telephone.
Support staff that new their stuff.
Usage graphs.
A billing system that worked.
A stored credit card system that put you in control.

Better stop - I'm getting misty eyed ..... :twisted: Wink
N/A

Usage Monitoring Tools

But you're still here too Billbow!!!
You must be as careful wish the readies as me or have a masochistic streak a mile wide!
When I askedwhether MN would care to reflect their concern for customer service by way of a refund after the 'e' mail debacle I wonder if you can guess their response? LOL
Interestingly, I have yet to retrieve a copy of their T&C's from the website but seem to recall a set being sent direct very shortly after the takeover. I idly wonder if the old MN regime offered any performance guarantees......
Community Veteran

Usage Monitoring Tools

You must be as careful with the readies as me
:lol:

Good solid connection at the right price - suits me Cheesy

The rest is getting fixed. CS is work in progress and new billing system is due - "real soon now" (c) (TM) :shock:

afair Metronet of old, like other ISP's didn't give performance guarantees; remember effectively they are just resellers of a BT product on very narrow margins, and BT don't give any guarantees. Cry

Cheers
Bill
N/A

Traffic Usage Graphs

I agree that usage graphs would be useful but after several unsuccessful enquiries was told that the service is no longer offered. However the 'service' pages still imply that these are available. It's disappointing that there is an inconsistency between what is implied and what is delivered.
Community Veteran

Usage Monitoring Tools

Hi

I understand that fixing the graphs is still on the to-do-list (low priority).
Problem is that Plusnet have had one or two more pressing issues to sort out, and then there's still the Metronet billing system that they broke and still needs fixing.

I beleive that the Metronet graphs (when they used to work that is) are better than those available to Plusnet customers - well they now have our firewall so you never know they might take a shine to the graphs next Wink

Cheers
Bill