cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Management resetting

N/A

My Usage was reset at midnight and I have send a ticket off to get my management removed as soon as possible.

Says 7hrs 35 mins to be resolved.

We wait and see.

Will report back when my management has been removed.

:O)
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Raising a ticket will not get it done any faster. It is a manual process and your account will be done when your turn comes around in the next day or so.
10crawford
Grafter

The fact that raising a ticket wil not get it done any faster is no reason not to raise a ticket.

Its not a users fault and they shouldn't take have to take the hit. I hope +net get lots of tickets like wyerangers so that they fully understand the unfairness of the current manual system.
PeterK
Dabbler

Not raising a ticket is kinder to the rest of us with a genuine ticket that needs answering, instead of wasting time making the queue bigger.

Peter
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The reset process is normally run within one working day of being billed. It is a manual process at the moment hence why the delay. We know this isn't ideal hence why we are moving towards fully automating the system.
10crawford
Grafter

Dave - why not run the scripts a day earlier so the user doesn't suffer?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

That would probably add in too many other variables and complications. Like what happens if someone reaches the 20GB figure on the final day and what happens with account downgrades that are scheduled for the end of the paid period. As I say it isn't ideal but won't be needed much longer.
N/A

Answers I have received so Far....

2006-02-22
02:55:10
******* M*****
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr ********,
This is done automatically and will be done within one working day of you being biled.

Regards,
******* M******

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
====================================================
I liked this one above :O). I think the CS are a little bit ahead of themselves. Then I received this one a couple of minutes later.

2006-02-22
02:57:45
******* M******
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Sorry just to clarify: the actual removal of you profile is not yet fully automated. A set of accounts due for profile resetting is generated automatically but the removal of the profile then has to be done manually hence the delay. This will be fully automated soon. Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
******* M******

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
=============================================================

Well that clarifies that then does'nt it. Not even CS are sure how it works. :O)
N/A

Not raising a ticket is kinder to the rest of us with a genuine ticket that needs answering, instead of wasting time making the queue bigger.

Peter

On the one hand I agree, but on the other hand this isn't the customers problem. A customer needs a paper-trail for a complaint and the ticket system is the way they get one. If PlusNet have caused there to be an increase in load on the system which negatively effects overall customer service due to complex and half-implemented systems, then so be it. This is something PlusNet need to deal with (which they are) and to be honest, something which will likely only show up as having been a problem if it can be shown to have been via tickets raised.
N/A

I have now been put on Level 4 management when I was supposed to have a clean allowance since Midnight.

Can we please have comfirmed date as to when we will again go back to the argeement I signed up for which was peak time between 4.00pm and midnight because this is getting beyond a joke.

And also a confirmed date as to when the fully automated management will be working.

I don't think it is too much to ask but as usual I beleive plusnet will move the goalposts to suit themselves rather that us, The paying customer.
Community Veteran

It will be ready when it's ready. That's the only date you are likely to get due to the complex nature of the development being done. All PN can do is give guidance / estiates which is what they have been doing.
N/A

Had bandwidth re-set at 2.00am this morning :O)

Why was the management not lifted at the same time?

as they are in my account to reset the bandwidth then surely it is obvious that they should remove the management as well.!!!!!

now been 35 hours past my new month so I hope that when they do FINALLY reset the management on my account that they also reset my peaktimes back to zero so I can have a proper clean allowance and not one that has already used up a couple of GB of managed bandwidth.
JonathanW
Grafter

The script that runs to reset your bandwidth, as far as VMBU goes, is something that has been in place for a long time and is therefore automated.

The process that is used to alter your traffic management is a new thing and is still a largely manual process. As such it can take some time for any change to be carried out, whether or not this be resetting you to clean or putting you on the actual management levels.
N/A

So If it all has to be done manually why not give us customers 1-3gigs grace until you sort out the automation, which is after all a problem your end which is penalising customers in the new month after the billing date because we have to wait for you to reset us.

Until its automated your practises are penalising the paying customer!
I hit my 30gb allowance the day before my billing date but still will have to wait for at least a day after it for it to be reset.
Sandro
Grafter

The process that is used to alter your traffic management is a new thing and is still a largely manual process. As such it can take some time for any change to be carried out, whether or not this be resetting you to clean or putting you on the actual management levels.

In this case, how come I've just received an answer to my ticket stating that I had my profile reset and there is NO MANAGEMENT on my account, but contrary to that the speeds ARE STILL pre-broadband?!
(Accidentally it was not what I asked PlusNet in my ticket - the question was, why being on the 1st level management for a couple of weeks, my night speeds were restricted to the same low level as day time speeds... :roll: )
Messy, messy...