cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Management email- Confussion (or plus net being thick)

N/A

I received the following email;

"...As a Broadband Premier customer, you receive a monthly peak-time usage
allowance of 15GB. This allowance ensures that everyone gets a fair share
of our network resources during peak hours (4pm - Midnight).

Your peak-time usage for this billing month* just exceeded 12.5GB.

Increased restrictions will now apply to your connection speeds until the
end of the current billing month...."

If as they state I have upto 15GB peak time usage allowance, WHY AM I ON LEVEL 2 MANAGEMENT AFTER 12.5GB.Huh!?!

(and this is beside the fact that i'm still geting 2MB speed and the above restrictions are for the upgraded 8MB connection speed)

It just get's worse and worse here.
looks like I will have to be bothered to move now...plusnetHuh more like RIPoffNet.
13 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

You need to go to http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml and where it says "Please select your product:" select "Broadband Premier Option 1" then it will show you the details of the peak time limits for your package-- the overall peak time limit is 30GB as per the SUP but with throttling imposed as shown
N/A

whatHuh

MY allowance is 15GB i Have not reached it and yet i have restrictions already.

Surley 15GB allowance means NO management until you go over 15GB. it's not difficult...
N/A

Hi there,

Did you read the link provided by shellsong?

If you select premier Option 1 from the drop down list, it clearly explains what management is applied and at what point from 10Gb to 15Gb and beyond.

The 15Gb allowance applies to peak time only. You are still free to use well in excess of that providing it is outside the 4pm to midnight peak.

Not such a bleak picture if you look at it correctly.
N/A

I really feel the same about getting restrictions after only 2/3 of your allowance has been used. I was restriced after using 2/3 of my allowance, 10G about 2/3 through my billing period. WOW I an manageing myself yet PlusNet have to 'help' See the thread - inefficency
N/A

This throttling is garbage... Never applied to me as yet but....

if someone uses two thirds of his allowance 3/4 of the way through the month why the hell should they be restricted........ smacks of Pay 100% yet receive 75% of the service you pay for 25% of the time.....

Since I started visiting the forums, the upgrade fiasco, the qjump failure and appalling ticket sorry question response times. (btw when will they publish accurate average qustion and telephone response times) my faith in Plusnet is certainly diminishing... There seem to be a lot of others going the same way.

They have some work to do....
N/A

Thats my thoughts as I have commented on the thread 'inefficiency'
N/A

Let me re-word my original post.

I have 15GB allowance, I have downloaded 12.5GB that leaves me with 2.5GB left, UNRESTRICTED!

If you look at the options page: [/img]http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml?link=resbb_premierlink and select the "usage" tab, it clearly states the limit of 15GB for option 1, not 10GB.

Henceforth I should be allowed to download upto 15GB before PTM is applied.

simple maths: 15GB - 12.5GB = 2.5GB before PTM
N/A

'al·low·ance noun # An amount that is allowed or granted'

You have 15Gb allowance... that is your allowance when your allowance is reached your speed will be at 512k speeds and p2p/usenet and ftp is blocked.

On your way to your allowance your speeds will graduly slow.

No-where does it say you will receive up to speed usage until your meet your allowance. Indeed, the 15Gb is the total they would like you to download.
N/A

On that assumption, neither does it say that I will ge more than line speed (but I wont) ot 128K. I think that there is an implied undestanding that 15G allowance means a service that is delivered in full untill the limit is reaced. It's just like I dislike shops that start clearing up 1/2 an hour befor their closeing time so they do not offer a full service for the last half hour. Why not say we close at 4.30 (instead of 5) because you are not going to be able to purchase half the goods we usally sell after 4.30.
N/A

and this is beside the fact that i'm still geting 2MB speed and the above restrictions are for the upgraded 8MB connection speed)

This is unbelivable, It seems like I need to take screenshots fo plusnet's traffic management rules whenever I upgrade.

I was on broadband plus connection, but I was forced to upgrade when they introduced so called traffic management, peak time cap of 5gb and off peak 30 gb (but the Bb plus peak time is diffferent which starts at 8am and runs till midnight).

I went for Premier option 1 whih increaded my monthly bill by adding another £8. But the upgarde was good coz at that time this package was having 30gb peak time usage and off peak usage of 100 gb

But 2 months down the line the rules changed suddently, the peak limit is now said to be 15gb and off peak (not specified/ but one cc guy told me that its unlimeted), I'm ready to accept this limit if they have kept their word.

I've got a communication from plusnet saying that these new limits will apply once my connection gets upgraded to 8 mb, but thats not the case now, I'm still on 2mb premier, and plusnet is eager to implement their new traffic management rules without completing the upgrade, which not fair, I strongly belive, this is not the right way to do business with customers.
N/A

Ah but PlusNet will say that they have halved the peak allowance because they have halved the time when peak time applies. It is quite immaterial (in their eyes) that people do not use the net between 8.00 and 16.00 so much as between 16.00 and 24.00. But I realy do think we should look at the idea that although you get 15G allowance at peak times, restrictions are applied after only 2/3 of your allowance is used. Do we have an allowance or not?
N/A

?

OK can someone explan this for me please?

Peak usage: 8.02GB 4pm - Midnight

Off-peak usage: 11.79GB Midnight - 4pm

Total usage: 19.81GB

Why does it say I am 60% over my limit? Has the PN usage monitor been out in the sun to much this week?
shellsong
Grafter

Eet ees a-- how you Eengleesh say-- a cello! No, no, a beeg feedle! Tongue