cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Management and "Billing Dates"

N/A

Hello people,
I just received a "we're throttling you" email from PlusNet, fair enough, I got a little carried away this month. Only I'm slightly confused; thanks to the users group I understand the times and data limits I just don't know what my "billing date" is, or at least I do, it;s the 18th of July, I pay annually. Am I bandwidth restricted:

* Until 2006/07/18
    * Until the end of the current billing month (1 day)
    * For one month from the email date

Anyone?

TIA.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Until the end of the current billing month Smiley
It may take a day or so for the limits to be lifted as the system isn't automated yet.
10crawford
Grafter

Suggestion for +net prior to automation to make sure users are not traffic managed when they shouldn't be (ie up to 24 hours after billing date).

Usage reset scripts should be run 24 hours earlier than billing date this month.

If automation not introduced by next billing date in March usage reset scripts should be run 48 hours earlier than billing date.

If automation not introduced by next billing date in April usage reset scripts should be run 72 hours ealier than billing date.

and so on if automation not introduced by May, June etc.

In that way no user should be traffic managed unfairly.

You should not punish users for your own mistakes +net
N/A

I completely agree that users should not be punished for PlusNet bad planning.

Unfortunately I believe they disagree and will not run the scripts early as they want to ensure that payment is made before re-enabling full usage of the account.