cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream Speed Problems - 17874555

N/A

Getting a bit Fedup of this now. I reported this fault 2 days ago and all I seem to be asked to keep doing is Line tests that Measure the DOWNSTREAM part of my line when the Problem is UPSTREAM.

Ticket Number is 17874555

Originally i was on BB+ and didnt have an issue, I Upgraded to Premier and ran a speedtest @ ADSLGuide and Found my Upstream Speed was down to 6Kbps, Downstream Speed is spot on what it should be for 2Mb Connection.

Ive had BB at this address for 6 months without any issues although not with PlusNet for 4 months of that, I could pretty much spit on the exchange from my house so I know its Not a Limit Problem, I Also know its not a problem with my PC because it has been tested as Has my Equipment Both my Router and my Internal PCI ADSL Modem are in good working order.

Any Chance of getting this resolved asap please, not getting the service im paying for, and i dont see why I should shell out my hard earned for something that isnt working.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Spoke to Jonathon Smith in CS this afternoon and thankfully he listened to the problem and did some tests and have concluded that the problem isnt mine as he was getting the same result in Poor Upload 6Kbps and has passed this onto the network team...heres hoping they get it fixed asap.

Thanks Jonathan.
shellsong
Grafter

FWIW I have found my laptop appears to upload at 10% of the speed it ought to when using AGs speed tester-- other computers seem OK

The tester at http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp I have found seems to be more uniform and helpful (although sometimes you have to wait to use it)

I hope someone finds this useful Smiley
N/A

Thanks for that, ill have a look later, as I said previously CS also did speedtests of thier own and they were getting the same result using my account so something is amiss on the PlusNet side of things and something ill have to wait until they fix.
N/A

Fixed yesterday afternoon. Duncan from some team in CS Didnt say what the issue was but the changes he made have resolved the issue and my Upload speed has returned to normal.

Cheers to Duncan and Jonthan for sorting the problem out.