cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

N/A

Upgrading

I am currently paying £21.99 for my up to 2meg premier broadband. This is the package known as "option 1" with a 15gb p2p peak cap and 15gb peak usage before being throttled to 512kbs speeds, with a 30gb altogether cap yes?

If I was to upgrade to the £29.99 "option 2" product, I would have speeds of up to 16meg when they become available, with a 15gb p2p peak cap with 22.5gb peak normal usage before being throttled to 512kbs speeds and a 40gb altogether cap, although near unlimited off peak yes?

It's just with having more thna one computer in use at peak times I feelt he second option would be better suited for me, is there any extra cost to pay to upgrade?

Thanks for any help you can give.
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Upgrading

Hi there,

As you would be upgrading to a more expensive product, there would be no regrade fee. If you were to regrade to a cheaper product however, there would be a regrade charge of £14.99.
N/A

Upgrading

Thank you very much for the quick reply, with my next billing date being the 1st of April would the upgrade to the new product be done in time for that if I was to upgrade now? Thanks again.
N/A

Upgrading

Unless LLU is availible in your area you wont get 16mbit unless llu wholesale provders enable it soon. So u'd be stuck at up to 8mbit for the forseable future unless ur exchange is planned LLU enabled
Midville
Grafter

Upgrading

Would you be able to use Maxdsl to the full if you upgrade on or after the 31 March would this be a quicker way of getting the better speeds?
N/A

Upgrading

That could be a good idea if it will work as my exchange is green so is likely to meets its march 31st target (yes I know it rarelys actually happens) so if I was to upgrade my package onc my exchange has been upgraded I would get maximum speeds?

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Removed quote from preceeding post, it is not necessary.]
N/A

Upgrading

Oh and another quick question, if I upgrade now whilst the £29.99 price plan is the *up to 4meg* priceplan when the new changes come into effect I won't have to do anything else and I will be on the "option 2" product yeah?