cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to premier?

N/A

Upgrading to premier?

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to upgrade to a premier account for a month and then to downgrade back to plus if I don't like it?

Also, if I select an upgrade to premier, how long would it take to come into effect?

Finally, are p2p speeds on premier better for people? I'm not interested in moderator responses or plus.net representatives, just the customers please.
12 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

Upgrading to premier?

not sure about free to change back and forth like that, but speeds are all over the place on premier so its really potluck at the moment, but the way things are going i wouldnt be very hopeful
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

I'm not really bothered about the 100gb download limit as I wouldn't really hit that in a month. I'd jus like to be able to download stuff faster than the garbage speeds I'm getting at the moment. It's fun to queue a 350mb file up on bittorrent and have it completed 3 days later :roll:
___oDiN__
Grafter

Upgrading to premier?

then you probably will be better off
munsy
Grafter

Upgrading to premier?

I am on premiere and using P2P with a average of 20 seeds I can get 20Kbs but the upload speeds are worse and if you can't upload you will get thrown off if you ratio is not above 1.1.

If I can only see 1 seed I am lucky to get 3Kbs, think +net do not want any p2p so would suggest you look elsewhere.
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

sigh, thanks for the comments. doesn't look like i'll upgrade, as I can already get around 20k/sec on torrents every now and then.
munsy
Grafter

Upgrading to premier?

sigh, thanks for the comments. doesn't look like i'll upgrade, as I can already get around 20k/sec on torrents every now and then.

don't blame you looks like I may off lost some money for +net, sorry folks did not do it intentionally.
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

hehe don't apologise to them, they need to fix their service so I'd actually want to pay for it. As far as I can see the premier service is NO different to the plus service, I'd just be giving them an extra £6 out of charity.

Sort it out Plus!
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

dont bother upgrading, im on premier and see all the problems the + ppl are having, i swear theres no difference in the two products.
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

dont bother upgrading, im on premier and see all the problems the + ppl are having, i swear theres no difference in the two products.

Same here. About the only difference I can see between the two is that + customers have some kind of warning that it's not a good package for p2p when they sign up, us mugs that paid the extra just get a nice surprise instead.
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

Hey,

Not too sure about the policy regarding downgrading after a month, but as I upgraded to Premier recently (around a week ago), I can safely say that for me personally, upgrading did see a large increase in p2p speeds. Offpeak, I regularly hit 230K, with an average of about 80-100K during peak times (with well seeded torrents).

If you're happy with the usage limit, I would recommend upgrading (if you find these speeds acceptable).
N/A

Upgrading to premier?

I have upgraded from Plus to Premier and the speeds on bit torrent are definately faster. Its simply not true to say the products are indistinguishable. Personally I haven't regretted the decision. Sure the connection is still shaped at peak times, but as the previous poster said you can max your line off peak, provided its on a good torrent.