cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Broadband PAYG

N/A

Currently I have a dial up a/c, and I am thinking of upgrading to Broadband PAYG. My questions are:
Will I keep my current e-mail address?
Will I keep my existing Fax no.?
Will I keep my existing Web page?
Will I be able to use Front page to update my web page?

Straight answers will be appreciated
9 REPLIES
N/A

Assuming your current dial up account is with plusnet you will keep your existing email and web pages.

Assuming broadband PAYG accounts have features such as frontpage extensions and fax-to-email, then yes - you will keep your fax number and still be able to upload via frontpage.

I would check to make sure you get frontpage support and a fax number on BB PAYG

**EDIT** just checked broadband PAYG features and you do get fax and frontpage support, so all of your questions can be answered with a YES
N/A

Yes my dial up a/c is with Plusnet
___oDiN__
Grafter

is your fax number separate? your not on isdn are you?
if so you will lose it as it needs to be put back to a standand ptsn line
Community Veteran

It is not possible to answer all your questions with a simple yes or no answer as you have not given enough info to do that. as some of what you are asking does not exist on dialup PAYGO.

The PlusNet dialup PAYGO account does not include fax2email or frontpage webspace so I'm not sure what that has to do with upgrading to BB PAYG. So are you using a separate phone line for faxes or have you just got a fax device (or fax modem) on your phone number you intend to convert to broadband?

BB PAYG does include the option for fax2email. However, fax2email uses a different fax number to your normal home phone so you will not keep your existing fax number of you intend to use that service. You can still connect a fax device your your broadband enabled phone line though, if that is what you mean, you just have to connect the device via an ADSL filter/splitter.

As for frontpage, do you intend to create a new frontpage website? If so, this can be done on the BB PAYG account, although I would strongly suggest you use something else as frontpage is not the most portable web development system around and has many security problems.

If you go through the upgrade path on your account and don't use a new account name, then you will keep your existing email address and webpage.
N/A

I shall try to be more precise.

Currently I have a dial up a/c, with Front page extensions available and a fax no. for for Fax2mail, and I am thinking of upgrading to Broadband PAYG. From the service spec. I know that Broadband PAYG has the above features available however my questions are:

Will I keep my current e-mail address?
Will I keep my existing Fax no.?
Will I keep my existing Web page?
Will I be able to use Front page to update my web page?

As I do not want to have a different e-mail address, or Fax no., or have to upload my web page again.

Many thanks
Community Veteran

When did you sign-up for your dialup account with PlusNet as neither fax2email or frontpage extensions exists with the current version of the product and I'm sure did not exist in the older versions of the product either?

If, as you say, you do have those, then the replies given above should answer your questions.
N/A

Thank you.

I have had a dial up a/c with plusnet for several years, and my a/c has got fax2mail and front page.
N/A

http://www.plus.net/residential/dialup/anytime_feature_list.shtml

if he is paying £14.99-£39.99 for his current dial up account then fax2email is included, as is frontpage support.
Community Veteran

Ah, that would make sense. I assumed a free dialup a/c as it was not specified in the OP's posts..