cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Account

N/A

Upgrading Account

Am trying to upgrade my broadband from Premier Plus to Premier Plus2 and its tell me I will be charged £14.99 because I'm "Downgrading my account?" :roll: if there is a charge for this then I'm done with Plusnet as it would seem there's a charge for everything now days
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upgrading Account

Did it say what you would be paying if you upgraded? - I don't have a plus account I can check it on.

Charges are normally only applied if you end up paying less each month after changing product.

Also, can I ask why you are changing to Plus 2? If it's to get a faster speed then you won't as 8MB is the highest currently available, even on LLU. If it's for the higher allowances then fine, although how close is the cost to premier option 1 (£21.99) which may be a better option than upgrading Plus.
N/A

Upgrading Account

Sorry, I am on Premier1 no Plus (confusing myself) and am upgrading to Premier2 for bigger allowances so from £21.99 p/m to £29.99 Evil F* B*'s is all I'll say :lol:
Community Veteran

Upgrading Account

There should not be any admin charge then. Time to raise a question (if you are prepared for a long wait for an answer).
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Upgrading Account

why are you upgrading ??

A complete waste of time, you will never be able to get near to the BBP2 usage limits with the current throttling plusnet are applying to our accounts

I'm on Premier 1 & will be lucky to acheive 1 gig per month ..

Do NOT upgrade, you will be better off downgrading to BB PLUS basic, because thats the service you will recieve regardless of the package you sign up to.
Community Veteran

Upgrading Account

You are making assumptions about what the OP is using the connection for. Surely it is their decision whether to upgrade or not.

Also some users do get good P2P speeds (usually overnight) so it is still possible to exceed your allowances, even under the extreme traffic management in force.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Upgrading Account

even under the extreme traffic management in force.

you said it !!

sums up my statement completely.

:roll:
ady
Grafter

Upgrading Account

im on BB+ and get good p2p speeds at night, just nothing during day. which is fine for me Smiley
Community Veteran

Upgrading Account

I rest my case m'lud Wink

And that's the most frustrating thing about the speed problems. Some see good speeds, others, like me don't. Cry
N/A

Upgrading Account

I'm one that seem to have good speeds most of the time. I' on a PAYG account. I do see a drop in the evening but it's hard to put this down to traffic management or contention at the exchange. Looking at the exchange checker it does seem that most exchanges are at red for the virtual paths.

There will be some that will criticise BT for this but they do have to make business assumptions on how many users will go over to LLU and thus freeing up the VP's. Otherwise if they did invest they could have redundant capacity in a few months time.
N/A

Upgrading Account

Hummmm, I use P2P quite abit and havn't noticed any problems, usually leave it on while I go to work and over night.

Problem is for the second month running I've hit well over my allowance.

What I find higly amusing a message from the Plusnet support team saying my account will be regraded for £14.99 down to Plus PAYG :roll:

lol they've even charged me £14.99 ... really want to get rid of customers don't they
James
Grafter

Upgrading Account

Hi Drop50,

To be honest, I don't know what the hell happened there, but it should be fixed now. I've responded to your ticket.
N/A

Upgrading Account

Cheesy sworted! Nice one James