cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades, regrades and downgrades

N/A

I have just been reading through the site trying to find out about the maxdsl upgrades (my exchange seems to have been done!). and have found all the stuff on the changes to the packages and regrades so confusing.

How confusing can it be made, I have never known anything like it, I don't think I am stupid, but wow it took some work trying to find out what is happening, and even now I am not sure.....

From what I can work out I should be upgraded to 4mb or is 8mb (Force9 say 8mb but the Exchange checker says 4mb), on my next billing date but only after the 30th March, but then that is after all the users on 4mb or 8mb have already been done (beause they have been more loyal!!), but then I read that it will then been done in order that people have joined Force9.

Don't even get me started on the packages, I have no idea what I will be paying for in the future, and am starting to wonder what I have been paying for in the past, seems to me I will going onto a 15gb monthly limit.

I would like an ISP to be exactly that an INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

I have posted this just to add my thoughts, I don't have any suggestions, other than just give me access to the internet - when I want - I am happy to pay!!)
9 REPLIES
N/A

Can't be 15Gigs a month!!! Surely that cap must be a day?? if it is a month im moving!!!!

And yeh! My exchange was upgraded and im around 850 meters from it! so can you upgrade me now!!!! want to see if i can get the whole 8 meg sheebang
ed
Grafter

My exchange got upgraded and now i got 0mbps ADSL!!!!!!

See my support screenshot here!
http://www.freewebs.com/sang33ta/index.htm

And yes I noticed to we were promised 30Gb peak and now the advert is saying 15Gb unless you pay more than £21.99!!
N/A

So BT upgrade the network to support 8meg, and Force 9 decide that for the same money we paid for the 2meg our allowance drops to 15gig!!!

Hopefully i've looked at this incorrectly, but is this is what is really happening then im just getting more and more disatified with Force 9 as im sure many people will be.
ed
Grafter

Im hoping they let me stay on 2mbps unlimited like I was allowed to stay on 512k platinum (or whatever it was called back then) for a long time!

After all we did sign up to an "unlimited" account agreement

*cough* Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 *cough*
*cough* Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 *cough*

forbid the use of exclusions and limited liability clauses.
David_W
Rising Star

No, you have "Unlimited" off peak downloads (SUP excluded) and 15GB a month peak rate (4pm-midnight) so you can download as much as you like between midnight and 4pm, but from 4pm till midnight you are limited to 62mb per hour.
N/A

That makes me laugh, I want to download stuff between 4pm and midnight because that's when I am home, so when we all start downloading during the day, that will then become the peak time again, because all the business users will complain!

I can understand how much of a pain it must be to keep everyone happy, but I have never sat here browsing the internet thinking "wow it's slow tonight" even at the so called "peak times"!!!

Sorry for the confusion about the 15gb allowance, kind of proves my point though, of the 4 people who replied (including me) only 1 person knew that it was only during peak times that you would get a 15gb a month allowance!!! Smiley

Sorry if I sound like I am complaining, it just winds me up, because one of the reasons I signed up with Force9 was becuase they were so relaxed about what you did with your broadband, and since then I have been very happy with the speed, the few times I have needed support they have been fantastic (almost first rate) and I would have recommended them to anyone!!

So whats the deal with getting my 4mb line activated? do I have to wait until every exchange has been upgraded because one person who has been with Force9 since it's birth exchange is due to be done lastHuh

Now I really do sound like I am complaining!!!!! Cheesy
N/A

Don't you think that with all the stuff coming along (download latest release films, listen to radio, watch TV) that any ISP who does not offer a high download limit is going to be toast soon? The marketplace will decide - someone will come in with unlimited per month for some loony price and the rest (of ISPs) will be history.

Doing a current comparison Tiscali do 1mbps for 14.99 unlimited and 2 mbps for 17.99 unlimited. Whats the catch with this when most other ISPs offer 1-2 Gb per month? Whats the point of 8mbps with a 2Gb per month cap - complete joke - half of King Kong. Download it over 2 months!
David_W
Rising Star

Sorry for the confusion about the 15gb allowance, kind of proves my point though, of the 4 people who replied (including me) only 1 person knew that it was only during peak times that you would get a 15gb a month allowance!!!

Its on the product information page Smiley
N/A

Re: Upgrades, regrades and downgrades

on my next billing date but only after the 30th March, but then that is after all the users on 4mb or 8mb have already been done (beause they have been more loyal!!),
Not because we've been more loyal, but because we've been paying in advance for the higher speeds for over a year.... a considerably higher monthly charge than you have without any real difference in service.