cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded!

N/A

Upgraded!

Well it's happened - Yippee! I'm upgraded but only to 1MB (sad) - is there anything I can do to get 2MB, like pressure BT?

Also - when I load a page there is a delay while the browser reports 'resolving host' - what DNS should I use in my router (solwise 715)
8 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Upgraded!

Well it's happened - Yippee! I'm upgraded but only to 1MB (sad) - is there anything I can do to get 2MB, like pressure BT

Is that a "Free" upgrade or have you paid a fee :?: What difference would a speed of 2M made.............like download more :?:
N/A

Upgraded!

The PN nameservers are;

Primary DNS Server 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS Server 212.159.13.50
Optional tertiary DNS server 212.159.6.9
Optional fourth DNS server 212.159.6.10

In theory, leaving them as 'auto' should work fine though, but for comfort you can hard code them to the above. (start at the top of the list and work down, entering as many as you are allowed)
N/A

Upgraded!

It's the free upgrade, dwtech, and the difference comes in when downloading - often get files emailed to me around 5MB, 3 or 4 of them can take a while on 512.

Thanks sally/james - I had it on 212.159.13.49 / 50 then changed to .6.9 /.6.10 which seems a little better. Will try with nothing and see how it goes.

Haha - no dns server specified and it is loads faster, cheers
N/A

Upgraded!

Seems odd, but that way we are letting the servers do what they should, and attempt to send us down the fastest route.
Glad you got an improvement/
Cheesy
N/A

Upgraded!

That makes sense to me Smiley
Can really tell the difference, thanks
N/A

Upgraded!

If you can't tell the difference, at least it ain't worse! Smiley
N/A

Upgraded!

Sorry, was not clear - it has made a positive difference.

Not waiting while the browser 'resolves host' and combined with my upgrade, it is very nice.

Bit of a shame I can't get 2MB ...
N/A

Upgraded!

Err, reading back, you were clear, I was just stupid Shockedops:
I can't get 2Mbs at home either, but I can at work, so I play there instead.... Wink