cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded - and very confused (ticket wording clarity req'd )

N/A

Well, as I was getting near to paying for another 1GB on PAYG, I decided to plump for the 10GB special offer @ £19.99.

All been processed, but the comments put on the tickets have left me a little worried.

1st of all, Ticket: 18639685 says...

"This Customer has requested an upgrade from "PlusNet Broadband Home Lite 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)" to "PlusNet Broadband Pay as you Go (10GB Special Offer) (Monthly Contract, No Modem) with included 10GB bandwidth". A regrade order will be submitted automatically for this request at a cost of 0.00 (0.00 inc VAT); a separate adjustment for the account type change will be made upon completion"

then

"Automatic regrade process: A problem was encountered submitting a regrade request to BT "

and

"Dear Mr ,
Please note that it is not possible for us to upgrade your broadband service since its already at the highest speed your line can currently support.

Regards,
"

I wasn't expecing a regrade, just a different product, and alongside that was a comment about "payment for the account conversion failed: Error Card expired '-'(in plusnet processing): " but I wasn't expecting to pay anything either!!!!

Then, more worryingly, Ticket: 18640006 says this...

"Closed : User account type changed from PlusNet Broadband Home Lite 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) with included 2GB bandwidth to PlusNet Broadband Pay as you Go (10GB Special Offer) (Monthly Contract, No Modem) with included 10GB bandwidth.
Components removed: PlusNet CBC ADSL 2000 Dialup, .
Components added: Plus.Net CBC ADSL 500 Dialup
. "

I hope that I haven't been downgraded to 512K which I am presuming not, but if not, why oh why is the information in these tickets worded like this - it's no wonder users haven't got a clue what is happening!!!!

Answers on a postcard to.... don't bother, just post them here please.....

n.b. the bold parts are my edit to highlight the important (worrying) info.
4 REPLIES
N/A

When logged into portal try this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary

See what package it says you are on, then do a quick speed test to check you still have 2Mbps speeds, seams the simplest way to check the service you actually have.
N/A

Already tried that, it just says "PlusNet Broadband Pay as you Go with included 10GB bandwidth", no mention if speed.

I have rebooted my router and am still connected at 2MB, so it all seems OK, but the wording of the tickets leads me to believe otherwise. Apart from that, my 2MB line was never supposed to be able to support it (although it is rock steady and fast) and if it was downgraded, I would probably not be able to get it re-upgraded.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think I can explain this. With an upgrade the system will try and bill you the difference between the new account and the old account on a pro-rata basis for the rest of the month.

For example if you'd gone from £14.99 PAYG to the £19.99 PAYG 10GB offer on your billing date it would charge you the difference between the two accounts - £5. If you upgrade part way through the month it does the following calculation £5/30 * number of days left in the month. So if there were 10 days it does £5/30* 10 = £1.67, which it will try to take via a credit card (which will fail if the card is expired).

The system will also check to see if DSL Max is available in your area yet which is where the regrade part will come in.

Looks like the support team have checked it all and it should be OK now, no regrade will be submitted, the components removed and added are exactly the same component just identify the account differently to RADIUS.
N/A

Hi

Thanks Dave.

I generally like the ticket system, but it just threw up things that I wasn't expecting - sort of thought it would be like an increase in the pre-paid bandwidth.

Regards