cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

SheppeyMan

Upgrade

At present, I am on 2Mb Premier at £21.99 per month. I'm interested in upgrading to 4Mb Premier when it becomes available. This will be £29.99 per month.

However nowhere in the literature that I have seen does it say when payment at the new rate takes place. Obviously I would like it to be when my line has been upgraded to 4Mb and not before. Unfortunately the FAQ's don't discuss this as far as I have seen. It is because of this I have not gone ahead with an upgrade request.

I guess I need some reassurance here.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade

Simon AFAIK as soon as you move upto the upto 4MB you'll end up paying £29.99 a month as the package is upto 4mb - and as the 4MB speeds aren't available yet I'd wait until they're rolled out.
SheppeyMan

UPGRADING

Solstans:
Many thanks for your advice - much appreciated. I'll just be patient for the time being.

However it does seem questionable and sharp practice for PlusNet to charge for something that is not yet available.

I would be happier if PlusNet would state that until the 4Mb or 8Mb service is available, the 2Mb user is charged at their current rate. That way, people like myself would be happy to sign up for the new service. It would also enable PlusNet to guage the extent of the takeup of the new services.

As I live "out in the sticks", I know my exchange will be low on the list to be upgraded and will have to wait the longest.
Community Veteran

Upgrade

Indeed many people are against this policy of PN'smainly because they did not inform customers paying 29.99 and 39.99 via e-mail that they could down grade to 21.99 for the same service.
N/A

Upgrade

That's not quite true, if you are paying over £22 you are fist in the queue for the 4 or 8 upgrades if/when they happen. But PN don't think that's sharp practice just business, would PN indulge in sharp opractice, are they not a respectable business?
Community Veteran

Upgrade

I know it's not technically true but would you keep paying the extra 10-20 £ just to be first in the queue? ;-)
N/A

Upgrade

Daniel, I can't even get 1mb here let alone 8. :lol: and people need to pay me to stand in queues especially ones going nowhere.
Reminds me of the young apprentices that got told to go and ask for a long stand and were told by the other bloke to stand there and wait a while for it.
Community Veteran

Upgrade

:lol: :lol: :lol: