cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade problem

Community Veteran

Upgrade problem

I am trying to upgrade one of my customers accounts form dial up to Broadband but there seems to be a problem with the upgrade path on the portal.

There seems to be no option other than to go to the phone and bundle page and even if you do take that route it just goes round in circles and keeps asking for username / password then back via the loop again to the bundle page.

Has someone made a mess of the portal or am I missing the obviousHuh
15 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade problem

Nope, I'm seeing it to on one of my free accounts.
Community Veteran

Upgrade problem

Sorry Colin Im not quite sure what you are saying there.
Are you seeing the problem or are you seeing the correct upgrade path.Huh
csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade problem

Sorry - I'm seeing the same. I get taken to the page, select the product and get taken to another login page which wants me to login, then diverts me to the WLR page, I select broaband only and repeat ad nauseum.
Community Veteran

Upgrade problem

Ok that's exactly what I'm getting.
Doesn't impess my new customer too much after me singing the praises of Plusnet.

If your reading this support then you need to get it sorted quickly. Evil
Community Veteran

Upgrade problem

Ok as I'm not seeing any comms staff around I've logged a ticket (sorry question) on this one.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Upgrade problem

why on earth would you sign anyone up to plusnet. One look on these forums would put them off for good
csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade problem

why on earth would you sign anyone up to plusnet.

Perhaps they are looking for a cheap, reliable internet connection?

One look on these forums would put them off for good

For the number of people complaining on the forums, there must be another 190000+ people that have no complaints what so ever...
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Upgrade problem

weeks and weeks of no connection costing £14.99 is not cheap, nor is it reliable
JonathanW
Grafter

Upgrade problem

I've been able to replicate this particular issue myself, using one of the many free accounts I've got sitting around the place.

Looking at it, and speaking to one of the other agents here, it's already been raised through to development for a fix, and he's just chased it up for me.

In the short term, I'd suggest raising a ticket on the account in question so that we can put through the upgrade on this side. Feel free to let me know the ticket number, so that I can get it put through.
csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade problem

Well, I've had weeks and weeks of connection (synching at 8MB) for £22 so I'd say it is reliable and would refer to the second part of my post - there are probably in the region of 190000+ customers who have no problems with the service.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Upgrade problem

I take it you have a vested interest in plusnet to be so positive. I have just looked on the front page of this forum and every single post is complaining about the product, and particulary the customer support, are you saying we are all wrong.
My original point was that anyone reading this forum would not join plusnet, I doubt you could argue that, however hard you tried
N/A

Upgrade problem

My original point was that anyone reading this forum would not join plusnet,

If I remember correctly at about the time you joined (November 2005) world war three was just about breaking out on these forums....... but you still joined....... why after reading the forums?
Community Veteran

Upgrade problem

In the short term, I'd suggest raising a ticket on the account in question so that we can put through the upgrade on this side. Feel free to let me know the ticket number, so that I can get it put through.

Thanks Jon. I've raised a ticket now for the users on their account with all the details that should be needed.
Also PM'd you with the ticket Number.
Hopefully the wheels can start turning now for the upgrade.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Upgrade problem

sunhouse, your memory fails you, one of the reasons I joined was the positive posts on this forum, and for a while I was one of those posters. The last three to four months have seen a sudden fall by plusnet. If you took the time to read the posts you would see that many people who are unhappy now, were infact happy customers for many years.