cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from December

csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade from December

Is there any more word on what is happening with the upgrade that was proposed for December and postponed?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upgrade from December

I assume your refering to the portal upgrade? - I think that was what they were calling it.
csogilvie
Grafter

Upgrade from December

The entire system, IIRC, but I can't remember (and was being lazy and not going back in Service Status)
lowry
Grafter

Upgrade from December

Hi folks Smiley ,
Sorry, Colin is this the thing that plusNet mentioned on ADSLGuide a while back about changing some of the portal, adding new code or something like that? I hope I am correct. I think they said it would involve lots of features being disable over a weekend to get the upgrade sorted.

matt Wink
N/A

Upgrade from December

Thats the one. When it happens, CS will only have read only access.

IIRC, most of it was backend related, and no real customer facing improvments will be seen right off.
jberry
Grafter

Upgrade from December

Hi there,

Basically, the work is still ongoing but we made a mistake in our approach to the project before whereby we put 80% of our development resources into at the expense of everything else - which means a lot of problems were outstanding for a long time.

Instead, we decided to concentrate on making sure we keep on top of the little improvemts that we need to introduce as well as working away in the background on the re-write (which is a complete re-design of the internal database and the portal). At this point we have no ETA on this or anything like that - but it is work we need to do eventually (although most of the impact of delaying the work is not customer affecting).

Regards,