cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Schedule Borkified?

N/A

Can anyone from +net explain why one of my referrals has suddenly become upgraded to MaxDSL ahead of me?

Both of our exchanges are enabled, I am on Premier up to 2Mb, the referral is on Plus package and obviously, I have been with +net for longer.

Can anyone clarify why this has happened?

Not a happy bunny if what I suspect is going on turns out to be the case......But I'm keeping that under my hat for later......conspiracy theorists stay tuned... :lol:
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dont expect a credible answer.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
JonathanW
Grafter

Has your referral actually been upgraded to Max or is it just a case of his account being switched over to the Plus Up To 8mb package? As I believe that you'd only see the latter via the referrals page, and nothing to do with an order placed on that account.
N/A

Jon,

He has actually been upgraded and is now enjoying the 8Mb speed.....

Meanwhile.....the bloke who referred him....ie. ME!, is struggling by on 2Meg.

Not a good state of affairs!!!..
N/A

there have been a few variations to the supposed schedule but it's also changed a few times and there have been many slip-ups with different people saying different things. Some accounts have also fallen through the gaps in the automated scripts which place the orders.
If you're one of the bulk of customers on Premier/Plus then it will happen when it happens, at some point over the next 6 months, but who knows when. If you feel you should have been upgraded but haven't (i.e. if you've been paying for it) then raise a ticket and you may get it sorted.
N/A

If I were to log a ticket on this, would +net consider getting me upgraded asap, due to the mistake that appears to have been made or will I have to wait longer still while the rest of my referrals get nice shiny new 8Mb pipes?
Mand
Grafter

We are upgrading customers on each billing date in order of how long they have held an account with us.

We felt that this was the fairest way to process the upgrades.

What we ask at the moment is that everyone waits until the bulk regrade tool becomes available (approximately a week) and anyone who has been missed at this point will be upgraded then.

If you want to PM me your friends username I'll happily investigate this for you.
Lorian
Grafter

What we ask at the moment is that everyone waits until the bulk regrade tool becomes available (approximately a week) and anyone who has been missed at this point will be upgraded then.

So all premier "up to 2mb" customers (like the OP) are going to get a MAXdsl order in a week?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If I were to log a ticket on this, would +net consider getting me upgraded asap

You were joking weren't you? People who were on up to 8MB accounts have not all been upgraded yet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

We are upgrading customers on each billing date in order of how long they have held an account with us.

This has often been repeated but there are numerous examples showing that this simply isn't the case in both these forums and on ADSLGuide.

People may get some sort of a resolution of they shout enough, but surely this itself isn't a fair way for the upgrades to take place.

The bulk regrade tool will be made available to many ISP's and probably slow things down at first as all ISP's will be offloading many orders, but then they will be handled by BT's own schedules.

I'm sorry but this insistence to repeat things which are clearly not true is very irritating. PlusNet may have tried to do this in a fair way and the bulk tool will enable PlusNet to submit more orders, but neither will really fix the communication problems or get everyone their upgrades immediately.
Community Veteran

We felt that this was the fairest way to process the upgrades.

Despite this being different to the stated process in PlusNet Newsletter 3.

Also today in this thread you state the upgrade is done purely on how old your account is. As user asked:

ok so that means means that I am now officially in the queue to get upgraded, and won't have to wait until my next billing date to be put in the queue. So basically I could be upgraded at any time?

Your reply was 'Yes'. In this thread you now state he will have to wait till his billing date.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
Lorian
Grafter

If they just told us we were in the queue, and at watch position it would help.

They might well say the process is fair, but it certainly isn't seen to be fair by the customers.
Mand
Grafter

The customer in question had already passed his billing date and so is in the queue to be upgraded.

In order to upgrade you to MaxDSL we have to place an order with BT (as do all other ISPs).. We select customers based on those who are due to be billed each day. Then out of these customers we select those who have had a service with us for the longest period of time.

The bulk regrade tool will not allow us to process an order for everyone. What it will do is allow us to place a great deal more orders than we can at present and will allow us to automate the system so that upgrades are done in the correct order.
Community Veteran

This is all covered in http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41238.

Was just surprised after nearly a week the Comms Team is stating different things on the same day. Sad

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
N/A

I fear I may have opened up one of these BIG time.