cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Checker

Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

I am working on a MySQL/PHP solution at the moment but am having trouble getting into MySQL to try and ensure paid regrades are not confused with free i will add an option for this in the Status field when i get the backend working i will post back with more details!

Further to this post (Found in this thread: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28617) I have now completed the system and it is ready for use at http://cgi.mcm-communications.co.uk/excheck

Many thanks to onelessjoker, petervaughan and acarr for their help in getting the scripts to work and demster for giving me the original idea.
68 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Upgrade Checker

Fantastic work!!

I'll see if I can get a few CSC operatives using this so we can start building on the database.

I don't think we need the throttling options in the drop down though as this should no longer be an issue.

A simple Done and Not Done would suffice IMO.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

Thanks Shockedops: you say that throttling should no longer be a problem but only last night someone posted who was being throttled see: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29403 therefore i think it is best to leave them in for now!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Upgrade Checker

Mmmm, looks like they didn't receive their email which explains why. If you want to include it then I think you only need either mail received/not received or throttled/not throttled.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

O.k Will change it shortly.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Upgrade Checker

Just added that user to the database.

I've noticed you publish the username when running a query. As that is the case, and given the fact that alot of the users details I enter will have been added without authorisation from the customer, I will use 'support' as the username.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

post subject

I don't know if I've done it right, but I put my exchange code in "query the system" and it came no result. Is that just because no-one on my exchange has recorded a regrade yet? I wonder as one dslam should have been done in May.
Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

Sounds like what is your exchange code?
Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

I just queried the system using the code you have input on your record I only got 1 record back - yours! Hopefully more people from your exchange will have deatails on soon. I know bob has said he is going to get some CSC guys entering data!
N/A

post subject

Thanks, at least I understood it correctly.
Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

Don't worry it saves me from sorting out the BT PDF in excel ready for import into MYSQL. Cheesy
Julie
Grafter

Upgrade Checker

Hi,
Great work ..Smiley you might want to add an option for missed exchanges Wink

I was informed by a really helpful chap at CS that Bt have missed my exchange due for upgrade in April that they missed my exchange completely LOL typical eh
Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

Thanks, will look into that I wonder if that's what has happened to me as my DSLAM was due for April. When will BT get their act together? My Mum works at a local Nursery (of the childcare variety) which has just been bought by a small chain to change the account into the new owners names BT had to cut the line at the exchange and reprovide it. Despite assuring the new owners it would not be cut while the nursery was open 5.00pm friday mum goes to make a phone call and the line is dead! the nursery closes at 6.00pm!!!
Community Veteran

Upgrade Checker

O.k I have added the option to the existing forms have a look and see what you think!
Julie
Grafter

Upgrade Checker

Hi,

Yes I am not surprised ...it's quite possible the same thing has happened to you.
Apparently I was told my exchange and the one next to it were completely missed out :roll: so my line will not be done until the next next DSLAM'S are due in July
It might be worth you checking with CS, the guy I spoke to was really helpul

Ok thanks...thats great will take a look