cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BB+ to Premier question

Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Evenin' all. I was going to raise a ticket for this question but thought the answer might be useful for others.

I'm currently about 2/3 way into my billing cycle for BB+ at the moment, and with all the messing around with activation fees (I belive that if the activations are waived, mine should be all clear by mid-April. Can one of you support peeps confirm that for me plz?), and with BB+ not being the best at the moment, my thoughts are to upgrade to Prem for the time being.
If things work out better with Premier, fair enough I'll stick with it. If not, it's goodnight from me come April... Shocked)

Anyway, if I was to ask for an account upgrade tonight, what happens with my billing? I'm quite used to it going out at the same time every month y'see. If the billing date does remain the same, how much extra would it be when my bill appears?

I assume 1/3 months worth above the price of BB+ added. If not, how does it all work out?

What bills would I have to look forward to, until the billing cycle settles down?

Would I be best waiting until I bill is due and then requesting the upgrade?

Finally, how long would it take to be upgraded once the request has been put in?

*edit*. Also, looking at my account details (just noticed my old address is still showing, updated that to my current addy now), I notice my product type is showing as BB+, Up to 8Mb, Activation Offer. Activation Offer? Does this mean my last activation was a free one? Shocked)

Cheers!
44 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Each activation contract (new activation or house) will be waived after 12 months but they run consecutively rather than concurrently so the activation will expire 12 months after the activation date and any house move 12 months after the house and after the original activation offer expires.

Regarding the upgrade, if you go to a more expensive account it mid month the system will calculate a pro-rata payment for the difference in subsciption fees.

So for Broadband Plus to Premier it calculates the difference (£7), divides that by the number of days in the month (31) then multiplies by the number of days until your next billing date.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Cheers for that!

So billing dates remain the same I take it, and in this case if I was to request an upgrade, it would just be a case of 11 days until my next bill, therefore £2.49 or thereabouts on my next bill, and then the usual £21.99 from thereon. Sweet!

Activations. Well, my initial activation has well expired by now, looking at my transaction history for the dates, my initial activtion was 19/11/2005 or thereabouts. So, thats dead and buried by now, but my house move was 20/04/2006 or thereabouts, which overlaps the initial 12 month somewhat.

So, I take it that both activation fees would finally be clear by 19/11/2007, but at present time (well, when the activation waiver comes into play), I would only have the 1 activation payment left? I think.

My head feels like a frisbee tonight, be gentle with it. Short word answers, not too many syllables plz.. Shocked)
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

*Bump*

Question for support. Having been through all this BB+ malarkey, I was made an offer by James from your staff that, if I upgrade my account to Premier 1 (with the usual 30 day notice of changing back and all that malarkey I presume.) and things did not work out (as in that Prem sucks just as much as BB+), that he would not see a problem with waiving the £15 regrade fee back to BB+.

Right, any of you wish to confirm this would be the case, as if so I'm quite happy to give Prem a chance to see how things pan out compared to + which, if last night is anything to go by, is a right load of donkeys sweetbreads at the moment.

Cheers!
sam
Grafter

I was made an offer by James from your staff that, if I upgrade my account to Premier 1 (with the usual 30 day notice of changing back and all that malarkey I presume.) and things did not work out (as in that Prem sucks just as much as BB+), that he would not see a problem with waiving the £15 regrade fee back to BB+.

I have no problem honouring that arrangement with James. Let me know if you do change to Premier and I will add a note onto your account waiving the downgrade fees should you decide to change back.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

I was made an offer by James from your staff that, if I upgrade my account to Premier 1 (with the usual 30 day notice of changing back and all that malarkey I presume.) and things did not work out (as in that Prem sucks just as much as BB+), that he would not see a problem with waiving the £15 regrade fee back to BB+.

I have no problem honouring that arrangement with James. Let me know if you do change to Premier and I will add a note onto your account waiving the downgrade fees should you decide to change back.

Cheers for that Sam, much appreciated. Just wanted to ensure I was on safe ground before I went for it.

Righty, I've gone for the upgrade now, so feel free to add that note, and out of interest how long before the upgrade is applied? I see the upgrade tool says 5-7 days, but I assume it'll be a bit quicker than that?

Finally, heres hoping for a better browsing experience all round. The proof will be in the peak-time pudding...
Liam
Grafter

Your account has been upgraded and I've sent a ticket back through to you with some further info.

Please disconnect and reconnect and the upgrade should take effect. :-)
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Cheers for that, done and dusted by the looks of it. Jesus, that was quick!

Just replying to your ticket now.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Well, thats a good start..

BT speedtest.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1899 kbps

Next, BBMax speedtest.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2021 kbps (252.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Finally, your own speedtest.

14-02-2007 10:36:24 1968.9

My Acount/Connection settings/High Speed Broadband reports.

Your current broadband speed is 6500 Kbps

Tis like being on a fixed 2Mb line again!

Is this just a blip whilst the account upgrade goes through?
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Another post, for Liam Martin. Just spotted your response to that open ticket and couldn't reply to it as it was closed, so I'll reply here.

"Cheers for that! Much appreciated." Cheesy
Liam
Grafter

Whoops... my bad...

No problem.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

Right, speedtest update. I've just rebooted my router, instead of just disconnecting/reconnecting as I did before (duhhhh) , and line speed appears to be back to normal.

BBMax as of 11:08

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6020 kbps (752.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 389 kbps (48.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Groovy!

So far, so good, and credit where credit is due to Support for being so helpful in making it a painless and quick upgrade, not to mention going a bit beyond the call of duty for one or two things... Cheers folks.

Right, let's see how things go tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to post back with a positive peak-time thread for a change...
N/A

I too have just moved over to Premier after running these 2 speed tests today :-

Let's hope I have the same outcome as you loz or I'm afraid it'll be MAC time come next month Sad
N/A

Just out of interest, how long does the average regrade take ?

I take it it's longer than the 20 mins or so it took to do lozharrison's ?

I got this reply to my ticket :-

3:00pm, Monday 19th February 2007

(internal note) Automatic regrade process: Referred for manual examination of customer contact
N/A

Never mind, it seems to have gone through this morning.

How come my BRAS has dropped to 2000kb/s from the 4500kb/s I had before the regrade - do I need to raise a ticket for this ?

Thanks Wink