cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating credit card details

N/A

I've just had an email telling me that my current credit card will expire before my next payment (which is true; it expires at the end of this month). So, I went to the section of the portal to update my credit card details with the details for my new card, only to find I can't, because it has a start date that's in the future (my current card expires 09/03 and the new one therefore starts 10/03).

It seems to me that this check isn't actually correct. Shouldn't it just be making sure that the start date is before the next due payment, rather than refusing it simply because it's in the future? My next payment is due around the 13th of next month, so the card will be valid by the time it happens.

It's not really a big problem, but I don't trust myself to remember to update it once the current card expires. It'd be good to be able to do it as soon as you got the reminder email.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

As it's a credit card you shouldn't need to enter the start date as this is not actually required to process the transaction. I do see your point though and I'll raise this to be looked into how best to handle taking new details in these cases.
N/A

Thanks Rob. Actually, I think I'll take the opportunity to move over to using Direct Debit in any case. If nothing else, it means I can't forget to update my details in future Smiley
N/A

I raised this point quite a few months ago, evidently nothing has been done to deal with the problem.
That is Plusnet treat the card expiry month as the 1st of that month and not the last day of that month.
All credit cards start date is the 1st day of start month and finishes last day of expiry month.
The originator of this thread is quite correct as a renewal card is not normally issued until the last week or 10 days before expiry of the previous card.

Harry.G
penguinni
Grafter

It happened to me as well back in April - have a look at my previous posts. I never did get a satisfactory explanation.
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Chaps,

I was convinced we had fixed this - I know it was being dealt with certainly.

I am going to do some further experimentation (When I get a moment to breath) and see if I can work out what is still broken.

Question for Guy:

Were you trying to enter the new card as a "Secondary" card, or to replace your current "Primary" details?

Regards,
N/A

Have just checked my payment details, and now I find they have beeb updated (corected) to the last day of expiry month. So now is all well with me

Harry.G