cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Stable Speed?

N/A

Updating Stable Speed?

I have been reconnecting my router once every day for 20 to 30 minutes so it reports better speed. For the past 3 days now, I noticed my new Netgear DG834GT has been reporting speed at 4800kbps where the stable rate via PN is 3000kbps.

How soon PN increases the stable speed on the line?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Updating Stable Speed?

Well it's been 29 days since I was upgraded and my stable rate hasn't changed once. I was also told by customer services to stay connected for 3 days solid or it wouldn't update but I've been told by others and also read on here that I should disconnect at least once a day.

In summary the answer to your question is who the hell knows.
Alecto
Grafter

Updating Stable Speed?

BT are still having problems with Max, so all is still not as it should be, I suspect.

However, updates of stable speed are still being done (I got one the other day), but Pn need the instruction from BT to do it.

I turn my router off overnight with the computer, so it would seem that disconnecting for a few hours each day should get the job done. There need to be three consistent readings, apparently, for an upgrade of stable rate, so leaving the router switched on is not what you want.

So it won't guarantee the increase in stable rate, but the best thing to do is turn the thing off once a day and see what happens.

Perhaps amid the higher sync speeds there are some lower ones which throw the BT thingie out? Your router may sometimes resync at a lower speed without your knowing anything about it.
N/A

Updating Stable Speed?

Very very mixed answers here :/ I will chance it again tonight actually and hope BT sorts their 'hiccup'(!).

Thanks everyone.
N/A

Updating Stable Speed?

my stable rate hasn't changed once.

Same here, its now 16 days and been syncing at over 5000kbps, stable rate has never changed from 2000kbps since upgrade.

Tried all the recommendations, disconnected the router over an hour a day for the last 5 days, no change at all. :?

Only good thing is I have not had any sync problems, and upload speed is now faster, download has not changed since my old 2Mb connection.
waldron
Grafter

Updating Stable Speed?

I've been syncing at around 7000Kbps for 21 days, with a stable rate of 2000. I switch everything off every night.

Raised a ticket with PN and the reply was that I have not yet been changed to MAX.