cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusually High Ventrilo Ping At Peak Time

kingkobra
Grafter

I have logged a ticket about this, but am querying if any other Ventrilo users are experiencing unusually high pings of anything between 1000ms and 12000ms this last week or so.

I have already replied to a similar topic about high Vent pings, and I see another post about Skype not working properly on PlusNet at the moment.

This seems only bad at peak times, and would suggest that the PLusnet traffic management software isn't doing its job properly as far as Ventrilo is concerned. FYI i connect to my Vent server on port 4234.
22 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, same here for the past week or so. Ventrilo has always been like this in my experience, but a few weeks ago my port was opened for me, and was fine. Up until last week though of course.
Stoko
Grafter

Just started with me today on a vent server I was running on my local PC - my friend who normally connects with no problems is getting bumped off every few mins.
kingkobra
Grafter

31/10 ~3000 ms (unusable)
kingkobra
Grafter

Dunno what you guys a +net are playing at but this is getting worse with high pings even during non-peak hours now. I'll be raising a new ticket, as if it'll make any difference.
kingkobra
Grafter

Still unusable regardless of a new ticket being logged.
N/A

same here teamspeak is fine but ventrilo cannot be used.
kingkobra
Grafter

Had to reconnect my router manually tonight and re-connected to gateway pte-ag1. No idea yet if this is the one I normally connect to but the ping is fine again for now
kingkobra
Grafter

Im not sure why im bothering, but here goes anyway.

I have been on pte-ag1 since last night and have had a good, healthy normal ping of ~30ms on Ventrilo.

Now, I was disconnected at about 2pm today, and on reconnection, i have a bad ping again of around 1000-2000ms. Guess what? I'm now on gateway ptn-ag2.

I am assuming there is some problem with this gateway causing these horrendous pings.

Must the customers do the work of Plusnet everytime?
N/A

I find it is more the time of day, rather than gateway. Reconnected at midnight, been on AG2 since then and have a ping of 40ms. Connected again earlier and it is the same, but I know around this time, if I reconnect then it will be slow again.
N/A

Ventrilo again

This problem isnt confined to "busy times".
Yesterday after 3 days of adequate pings to ventrilo it suddenly shot up to 1500++ and at times has been as high as 14000 and has remained that way.
Can anyone explain how i raise a "ticket" ? This is very frustrating
kingkobra
Grafter

Definately gateway, just been disconnected AGAIN!!, and reconnected to ptn-ag2, and got bag ping AGAIN. Several manual re-connects later and got onto pte-ag1, and back to a normal ping.

Please if you are having this trouble check your gateway on http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/
kingkobra
Grafter

Im currently going for the longest unanswered ticket.

To log a ticket go to the Help & Support, click on Technical Support, then Connection & Server Settings. It'll bring up another page that you can close down. You'll see a page saying Did this help? Click the bottom link to ask a question of the support team.

I'm 100% certain the major cause of this is the ptn-ag2 gateway. Please take a hammer to it.
N/A

Well just checked and i'm on ptn-ag1 and its just as bad cant even connect to ventrilo
N/A

yep cant connect, been having trouble all week. did work on saturday but like someone else said it seems to be peak hours. my ticket was raised a week past on thursday, got updated a week past on saturday (escalate, no resolution), and since then heard nothing. pretty poor service all round.

edit: i was on pte-ag2 and reconnected manually, now on ptn-ag1 and still can't connect to ventrilo.