cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Email problem

N/A

Unusual Email problem

Hi

I have racked my brains on this and cannot come up with a satisfactory solution. I used to have a couple of btopenworld email addresses forwarding to my own domain email address. I have since closed the bt account (2 months ago), I am still however getting forwarded emails from the two bt accounts. I tried phoning BT unfortunatley every time i rang up i seemed to be put through to someone with no grasp of technology, communication or english.

Any thoughts guys ?

thanks in advance

chris
6 REPLIES
N/A

Unusual Email problem

I migrated away from BT 2 years ago and still have full access to my old btinternet email accounts. I even got an email about 3 months ago saying that if I did not use my broadband or dialup accounts within the next 30 days, that I would lose everything. I checked today, and my account is STILL active.

Leave it for 2 years mate, if you are still receiving your forwarded emails, give them a friendly reminder!!
N/A

Unusual Email problem

yeah trouble is the volume of spam that comes in on these emails, i really just want shot of them
Alecto
Grafter

Unusual Email problem

If your account is like pgladden's, you should be able to log into it and kill the forward instruction.
Failing that, you'll just have to block the sender.
N/A

Unusual Email problem

as i said, the account no longer exist within bt, none of the staff have access to them. And i cant access them
N/A

Unusual Email problem

If your e-mail client supports it (e.g. Outlook), set up a rule to delete any e-mails forwarded to you from your BT account. I suppose there'll be something to distinguish those e-mails (perhaps they get sent by youroldaddress@bt.com)
N/A

Unusual Email problem

yeah im going to have to, though would have like to have been able to cure it properly as im still having to download the rubbish bt ones