cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unthrottled P2P with a cap

N/A

What are the chances of PlusNet moving to an unthottled P2P service for BB+ customers but having a cap of say 10-15gb? People who have chosen this type of package would be much happier with this rather than slow speeds an unlimitted downloads.
17 REPLIES
ChrisR
Grafter

Cool
Community Veteran

How much would you pay?
N/A

£17.99 for 5GB P2P cap on BB+
N/A

How much would you pay?

lol, the same as premier!? Tongue Heh, waiting for the tolken reply... BB+ is not for p2p.

BTW, i would not want to pay the same as premier because i expect to be able to get some p2p through my bb+ connection if only 1gb.
N/A

I would settle for 1GB of p2p every month on BB+.

Even if +net made this an addon, and charged an extra £2-3 for it, I would be prepared to pay this...

I only use p2p to download linux updates via torrent once per month, and the download is typically about 600mb.
N/A

The suggestions made are what I was thinking of. Either include a tiny amount or allow a few gig as an inexpensive add on. Even throttle it even more than currently after that cap, but a few gig of fast p2p would be a great addition.
N/A

I think its dodgy that plusnet throttle BB. Relying on that clause in the contract that says we can alter and do what we like, I guess.

Thoroughly dodgy geezers.

I'm swapping providers the first chance I get.
N/A

This is the funiest thing I have seen on here for a long time. First post and only joined recently

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
thehatman
Grafter

I reckon £17.99 for 10GB.

Just give us a limit on BB+ . This throttling thing doesn't work as you describe and is totally damaging your reputation.
N/A

Yeah... When they bought the technology, they bought the vendors selling pitch as well. It's all we hear these days. "traffic shaping is the way of the future" this, and "sustainability" that.

PN seem intent on not taking their customers wishes into account when shaping the business model they've been sold to believe is the only way forward.

The simple law of supply and demand will be their ultimate undoing... Customers are demanding bigger and faster connections with greater usage, not less.

PN may make a short term profit and realise growth based on price competitiveness, but slowing people down and imposing caps is definitely not the way of the future, so one might be accurate in saying that PN's business model (while profitable and growing at the moment) is unsustainable in the long term.

Still, that's their business now, as I'm off to Zen later this week if all goes to plan Cheesy
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If you do use P2P or Usenet but your overall usage is low then you might want to look at our PAYG packages. It's £14.99 a month for 1GB, with the option of buying additional GB's in advance for £1 per GB.

Of all our accounts the managment is lightest on PAYG accounts, with all traffic given a high priority across our network.
N/A

I would do that, but the 1gb per month and £1 per Gb is laughable.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary]
N/A

i expect to be able to get some p2p through my bb+ connection if only 1gb.

I would do that, but the 1gb per month and £1 per Gb is laughable

make your mind up, is 1gb acceptable or not?
N/A

I think he meant 1gig of p2p only. He uses over 1gig per month on overall usage.