cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsustainable usage notification when I've not exceeded!!!

N/A

I've just had a notification thru telling me my usage is unsustainable.

I had one of these last month and tbh, in the two months prior it had been excessive. I therefore changed my usage.

I don't understand why I've had one this month when my stats are:

Oct-Nov
12.21GB Peak
45.67Gb Off-Peak

Nov-Dec (so far)
630Mb Peak
4.84Gb Off-Peak

My reset date is the 11th of each month.

I have raised a ticket re this but I wonder who else is being falsely accused.

I'm also concerned that my line may now be restricted as it's a second notification.
39 REPLIES
N/A

ITs quite possible that its just a bug thats crept up with the new usage system.

I wouldnt worry 2 much about it. These are automated. Dont take it 2 personally. Rasie a ticket and they should sort it out for u
N/A

Mate he's right, I got the same and gave them a bell; they explained it was a mistake and apologised. No harm done.

Call took less than 5 minutes (this included them checking the figures), and the lady on the phone was lovely.
N/A

I'll give them a bell and let y'all know

Cheers,
N/A

got off the phone

apparently PN are getting quite a few ppl reporting the same thing as myself.

my ticket has been escalated to a senior network engineer who is going to look into it because my usage is presently well below limits

anyone else in the same boat is probably best advised to raise a ticket too.

I'll advise back when I get more info on my problem.
N/A

It's a major problem apparently and is on Problem number 28933
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The dataset has been checked and rechecked and is correct. The data we are using was generated a few days ago and based on your last complete month before this date. Depending on when your billing date falls this will mean that the usage would be either for the month Sep-Oct or Oct-Nov.
N/A

Hi Dave,
What you said suggests to me that the FUP is being calculated on a calender month (like usenet) and not a billing month?

Maybe I'm just reading ambiguity thats not there into your post, but can you please clarify when the measurements are being taken from?

Cheers,
Andrew D Wiles
Sandro
Grafter

The counter doesn't work correctly - that's for sure.
We have a similar problem.
Today there was a new, empty counter scale (today is our payment day) and my boys and I assumed that the new counting month started.
The whole day it was showing the new usage. Now, I just looked and it shows the old month plus today usage!!! Another 300mb and we would be criminals violating the magic 100Gb!!! Two months ago was similar situation - we spent 4 days on the line on the clean, new month counter... after which it reversed to the previous month usage plus new month usage.
Is it a kind of trick to lure people into thinking they are within the limits?

PS Forgotten to say that we received today an email stating that we used over 100 or 30 Gb - which was not the case. (The only time was when the counter did exactly the same a month ago and I was under impression that the problem was sorted out)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's based on billing month not calendar month. Here's an example.

Customer A is billed on the 15th of the month, so usage runs from 15th - 14th.

So let's say we generate the data on 10th November. We need to look at that customer's last complete month, which would be 15th September to 14th October.

To generate the dataset for every customer, prepare and test the emails, brief CSC, upload the data into the Ellacoyas, and everything else that needs doing takes a few days to complete. So we might not send the emails out until, say 17th November. So for anyone billed between 10th November and 17th November may have to look back 2 months for the month we are referring to.
N/A

It's based on billing month not calendar month.

The usage is still wrong though - if I check last month's tool figures I hit 88GB total with 16GB peak yet today I got an excessive use email. I think it could be adding the peak and total together, when in fact the total includes the peak usage already.... :?
N/A

Hi,
As Dave said it may not be the last billing month that you are being informed about, what is your usage for the previous month?

I believe there was also a glitch in the warnings that did result in a few false ones being sent out.
N/A

I have had the same thing happen to myself. Last month and the previous month i went over the limit. I got my email and i curbed my usage.

Now today i get a email saying i am abusing my usage. I have around a week to go before my billing period is over and i have used a grand total of 9GB, with 3GB being in peak time. Which is below their average users monthy usage as stated in PN's Fair Usage Policy.

When i queried this today I was told this

"This is something we are currently aware of and are investigating, we believe the information SUP is based on is correct but there may be an issue with the View My Usage system. Further information will be available shortly."

Basically plus net are saying that the problem is with the "View My Usage" not display the correct data, while infact the "data" that the SUP is based on is correct. Well I checked my router and posted the screen shot in the ticket.

According to my router in the last 20 days i have downloaded 8.5GB and uploaded 700MB. I have access to 3 other accounts and each of these accounts are showing the correct usage.

Lets say that plus is correct (which i seriously doubt since 2 sources say that i am within my limits, only using 10% of what i am allowed) Surely plus.net cannot hold the users accountantable for "hi usage" when the tools that they provide of our use as well as to calculate the usage is faulty.

I have remained with plus coming up for 5 years now for the simple fact their customer service has been the best there is. Lets hope that plus.net can sort out this problem and restore faith in their loyal customers once again.

A very upset and disappointed customer
B
N/A

Had the same happen to me today.

Just got off the phone to a CS guy who came back in less than a minute and said the problem is known and is being looked at. He stated that the email had been sent in error.

I quizzed him over the peak time shaping and he said it was currently switched on but would be removed as soon as the problem is

. . . . note to plus.net phone admin - being on hold at 1am is bad enough without have DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS sapping your will to live . . . . . Cry
N/A

Hi Dave

Sorry fella, can I have some clarification please? When I called earlier, the lady I spoke to checked the figures and agreed I hadn't gone over the 30/100 caps, and I also queried the aug-sep period as I remember watching that figure continue to rise when I was on the sep-oct billing period which the CS operator confirmed was indeed wrong. But you are saying the dataset is correct, therefore am I, and the others in this thread, going to be put on peak time management? Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm just a little confused over your posts.

Thanks for your time.