cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited Email...

J_i_m
Grafter

Unsolicited Email...

I've just had an email telling me I've been sending unsolicited email. Is this likely to be an error? I'm 90% sure that my network is secure. No viruses and no mail servers either!
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Unsolicited Email...

This is unlikely to be an error. What you can do is raise a ticket asking for the headers of the reported mail and our net admin team will supply this information enabling you to find out where this issue occurs.

Do you have a wireless network? Do you use encryption to ensure no one else can access this?

Have you noticed higher usage than normal recently (this is useful to identify the above and also viruses etc.)?
J_i_m
Grafter

Unsolicited Email...

I've already sent a ticket asking for more info so I shall keep an eye out for the reply.

I haven't really seen any major increases in usage, and I don't have a wireless network.

I'm a little stumped really. I'm a bit of a security nazi. I'll blame my family instead Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Unsolicited Email...

It will be someone having reported your email address on the basis of a faked from address in a spam message.

Plusnet don't seem to do basic checks to verify that it a genuine report before they panic the user.

Chances are, now that you've asked for evidence you won't hear any more.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)