cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpopular

Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

I don't think I have ever come across a situation where so many customers are unhappy with a company they use and are only continuing to use that company because it is too inconvenient to change or they are stuck in a contract!

I can only assume that Plusnet are aware of this and aren't bothered!
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unpopular

try working for morrisons!

Seriously though theres a lot of people who are totally happy with the service, me being one of them!I think its one of these things where theres a minority of people unhapy but its a very vocal majority!
Community Veteran

Unpopular

Not everyone is unhappy and not everyone is affected by the issues under discussion in the forums. Of course Plusnet are aware, thier support staff read and respond to questions and complaints in this forum, they listen to feedback from customers and when possible they try to meet the needs / wants of the customer base. Senior staff also read the forums and the MD regually browses through them.

Plusnet aren't perfect, but they do try to fix things in one way or another. Remember not every ISP has thier own forums that can be read by all current customers and prospective ones too.

Chris
Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

I have been with Plusnet (F9 before that) since 1998 and up until last month I may have agreed.

But due to the changing world of the internet - more and more people are going to find themselves in this "minority".
N/A

Unpopular

Grimbo, remember people tend to be more vocal about complaints than they do if they have no complaints etc.

As a % of PN's customer base the number of people on here complaining isn't a significant size... Alot of us are happy to a certain degree, and while I personally I have issues with the way in which account changes are communicated I have no issue with the traffic management policy itself.
N/A

Unpopular

When it works, Plusnet works fine, I agree. But when it fails it fails badly. You mention up to a month ago, and it occurred to me that that is when speed management kicked in.
I have a vast experience of software development, as a former european software manager, and bugs do creep into even the most carefully managed programs. I worked hands-on in my projects, and just the simplest mistake can cause complete failure of a system, or completely unexpected behaviour.
Something to ponder?
Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

Alot of us are happy to a certain degree

That is one of my points... up until very recently I would have one of these people - but who knows, maybe sometime you will choose to join the media bandwagon and then you to will probably join this "minority".

I don't consider myself a massive downloader - I like to use UKNOVA to download TV/Radio programmes that I have missed and some retro stuff - TV shows from the 80s etc...

...and if THAT took me over into management, heaven forbid what it will be like when streaming becomes even more popular!
N/A

Unpopular

grimbo,

Errrm, im not a mod mate but im looking out for you here. Unless what your downloading is legal you might want to be careful how you word things and what you do say as talking about illegal downloading is against forum rules.

Apart from this many would say that if your downloading was not of a legal nature then you have no cause for complaint.

Anyway, have you tried scheduling your downloads for off peak periods? Such as midnight to 8AM as this does not have a limit other than being bound by the SUP and as such should see no form of management.

Regards,
___oDiN__
Grafter

Unpopular

im happy with plusnet

yes the way stuff has been implemented has sucked somewhat !!

but as a IT tech who serves home users daily i see many isps and plusnet rock compared to most believe me !

not being racist but try getting decent tech support from the likes of aol where you end up speaking to adbul in india ( no offence abdul) who can barely understand english or speak it and get them to help with vp exchange issues or even like last week when i called aol to get there dns server as the router wouldnt accept auto assigned for some reason

i was on the phone for 1 1/2 hrs where i was told to ring belkin as they might know them, they didnt have dns servers, they can only be assinged automatically, no one knows them, a senior tech wasnt authorised to give out such information !!!, i eventualy gave uop and put plusnet dns servers into the router and progressed from there !!

so yes plusnet your fine in my book at the moment !
Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

Errrm, im not a mod mate but im looking out for you here. Unless what your downloading is legal you might want to be careful how you word things and what you do say as talking about illegal downloading is against forum rules.

Thanks mate but I think UKnova is legal, it is all stuff I could have taped myself using a VCR or Sky+.

What i'm saying is that you don't have to be downloading DVD rips 24/7 to hit your bandwidth limit.
N/A

Re: Unpopular

I see it as a bit of a love Cheesy /hate Evil relationship.

On the positive side, Plusnet's network is fundamentally stable and their products offer competitive service and price points. The stability of my connection goes a long way in favour of Plusnet, as I've experienced the opposite from one of their competitors.

On the negative side , their marketing, communications and "vision" are about as confused and lacking in consistency, as any business I've ever experienced, and their capacity for "spin" would put many a politician to shame.
N/A

Unpopular

Grimbo,

Indeed. Im not into the P2P scene and dont know too much on it. I just didnt want you to land yourself in it if you follow my meaning.

Anyway, have you tried scheduling to off peak? I mean you cant watch while its downloading anyway and you hardly notice the time go by while your sleeping Wink

Regards,
Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

Anyway, have you tried scheduling to off peak?

I'm having to do that now but it is a pain and not what I expect to have to do in 2006!

Getting back to the point of the thread though... Like I said, I have been with Plusnet for over 7 years and I have recommended probably a dozen or so of their current users.

I couldn't recommend them now, and if that feeling is commonplace then they will have a problem eventually as word spreads.
N/A

Unpopular

From what I hear, UKNova are pretty good. If a TV programme gets a commercial release then the torrent is removed. An example of this was a David Attenborough series. That got rushed out to DVD quite quickly and UKNova responded by removing the torrent.

Its in the grey area of 'its a bit like taping a TV show and giving it to a mate, but replacing it with the commercial box set when it arrives for sale'.
Grimbo
Grafter

Unpopular

Its in the grey area of 'its a bit like taping a TV show and giving it to a mate, but replacing it with the commercial box set when it arrives for sale'.

You are right of course, it is a grey area - but it is so different to downloading a commercial DVD.

The other day I downloaded some of Ricky Gervais' old radio shows.

They are never going to be sold commercially, nor will they ever be repeated.