cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimated bandwidth on accounts up from ADSL Home

craigbrass
Grafter

I would like to see +net provide unlimated bandwidth for all accounts above the ADSL Home account. At the moment they only provide so much bandwidth depending on what account it is. Like on the ADSL Home account they only provide 250 megs per day.

Thanks,
Craig Brass
6 REPLIES
N/A

It would be impossible for them to allow unlimited bandwidth, but there is an idea raised, allowing you to pre-purchase extra bandwidth.
Community Veteran

While I'd love to see this, I can see it's not financially viable. The reason is that PlusNet's webserver facilities allow people to create pretty sophisticated websites, which can attract alot of hits... therefore costing PlusNet alot in terms of bandwidth.

Thomas
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Flash do you mean the Web Site Bandwidth or a connections.

If connection then it is currently unlimited atm. If web site then I'd say that's not a ISP's area of responsiblity. More of a Dedicated web hosts, that are tailored for it.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Ianwild
Grafter

I'm not sure there are ANY providers / Hosting companies which provide unlimited bandwidth transfers - This would be unsustainable to say the least!

Just to confirm, the data transfer limits are relevant to the transfer of data from your website, hosted on the PlusNet servers - It relates in no way to our actual connection.

With Regards,
N/A

I know of a few which advertise it, but to be honest, if you started making full use of it they would end your contract - their T+C's are very varefully worded.
N/A

Most say "There is no set limit, however, accounts may be terminated if considered to be breaching fair use policies".

Technicaly it is unlimited, such that it is based on the bandwidth available and supplying other customers with fair use.

You can usualy tell what a companies policy is like based on other packages. Some will say unlimited, however, also provide colocation facilities, yet still have a transfer cap ont here highest product.