Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified servers

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Unified servers

Hi,

Back in April we were told that the "'provisional ETA' for the new CGI platform is the next few weeks". That was over 16 weeks ago!

Is there any further information on this? I need to migrate a site that is currently hosted elsewhere to a more professional/reliable ISP, and my preference would be to bring it to PlusNet BUT I really need to know that I'll be able to incorporate PHP into the pages hosted on the home pages server.

What's that latest ETA?

Thanks in advance,

Neil
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Unified servers

Ohh it would simplify life a lot if they would, but there is certain logic behind it...

anyway since they dont seem to be doing that, you can make it work accross the 2 servers (like i do) easily. I set 2 variables first thing in the php script, based on the hostname of the server imgpath and sourcepath are set. so i can host my image files on the normal server, and my source files on there if i wanted. It works nicly for images, because they can be, usualy are, downloaded via separate http request anyway so pointing that at a differnt server is hardly a problem.

Hope i'm not being patronising, but i'm not just answering for your benifit...

> Hi,
>
> Back in April we were told that the "'provisional ETA' for the new CGI platform is the next few weeks". That was over 16 weeks ago!
>
> Is there any further information on this? I need to migrate a site that is currently hosted elsewhere to a more professional/reliable ISP, and my preference would be to bring it to PlusNet BUT I really need to know that I'll be able to incorporate PHP into the pages hosted on the home pages server.
>
> What's that latest ETA?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Neil

--
Turtel
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
N/A

> Is there any further information on this? I need to migrate a site that is currently hosted elsewhere to a more professional/reliable ISP, and my preference would be to bring it to PlusNet BUT I really need to know that I'll be able to incorporate PHP into the pages hosted on the home pages server.
>
> What's that latest ETA?

Hi,

Don't worry, this is still going to happen. We have all the hardware now and it now needs to be built and tested.

Although the ETA is still subject to change and we will announce more nearer the time, we could estimate something in the region of just over a month. This would be realistic considering what needs to be done and the resources we have available.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Hi Torsten,

> Don't worry, this is still going to happen. We
> have all the hardware now and it now needs to be
> built and tested.

This is great news - thanks for the update. It will make life so much easier for me Smiley

Thanks again,

Neil