cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy Plusnet customers, please read

N/A

I have been to trading standards to day for some answer.

The lady at TS said to me, that it took over 30 min to speak to an adviser at plusnet and he was shouting, unhelpful and was very rude.

The lady was told a load of lies, as I know it was not what I was told by plusnet, she said there is not much they can do as they do not have a lot of power.

There is one thing, I was told that plusnet have been reported to the OFT for somthing in there contract that comes under the unfair contract terms.

I also have been to CAB and they said that plusnet could take nonpayment to a small claims court, but it would cost plusnet £30 to chase you up for £14.99.

I have reported plusnet to ofcom, ofcom said to me that, if they receive a lot of complaints they will investigate plusnet. So all unhappy customer of plusnet make you complaints to ofcom.

So at the moment it looks like 50/50, so unhappy customers you can take a chance and hope plusnet dont take you to court or you can payup and just leave without the trouble.

I just have to state this

This is not legal advice, so it is still best to find out from your own sources.

Plusnet have threatened me on many ocasions that they will cut my broadband off, if I do not agree to the new T&C or pay the £14.99 by the 16th september. This will probably be the same for most other customers

Also everybody is entitled to there own opinion, so please no slagging off customers who state they are unhappy with plusnet & vice versa, it is only fair.
44 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Unhappy Plusnet customers, please read

I also have been to CAB and they said that plusnet could take nonpayment to a small claims court, but it would cost plusnet £30 to chase you up for £14.99.

Just to point out, you would be liable for their fees if they won. So they would get their £30 back, plus the £14.99 you owed them.
N/A

I was the only person who spoke to the trading standards and I spent a very pleasant twenty minutes speaking to them. I never once had to shout and never would I am also not abusive and was very helpful.

I took them through the portal and where to find everything she needed, explained what everything is and read her sections to allow her to write them down and then waited until she checked them herself.

Also no threat has been made to yourself or is being made to yourself surrounding this or would be However I will not discuss any further details of this with yourself and break the DPA.

I would just like to clarify these points above.

edited to change the word slo to the word also just to keep us all clear Smiley
Community Veteran

I never once had to shout and never would I am slo not abusive and was very helpful.

Whilst your clarifying could you clarify what the typo "slo" was meant to mean? i think I can guess but don't want to jump to conclusions ;-)
N/A

Whilst your clarifying could you clarify what the typo "slo" was meant to mean? i think I can guess but don't want to jump to conclusions ;-)

My guess is "ALSO"

hehe :lol:
N/A

mine is sloppy :-)
N/A

mine is sloppy :-)

lol good one :lol:
N/A

I was the only person who spoke to the trading standards and I spent a very pleasant twenty minutes speaking to them. I never once had to shout and never would I am slo not abusive and was very helpful.

The Lady at TS never said who she spoke to, now we know.

Oh and thats what she told me, you are not going to admit on a forum that you was rude, are you.

Yes! some of your CS staff have told me that you will cut me off, if i do not agree to the new T&C or payup by the 16th sept. Evil
Community Veteran

Had it of been any of the regular customer support staff I do think there was the chance of some rudeness, but knowing Stewart I find it very unlikely. I think only two people will know how the conversation went - the lady and Stew so it is unfair to speculate on this and also besides the point.

Chris
N/A

Yes! some of your CS staff have told me that you will cut me off, if i do not agree to the new T&C or payup by the 16th sept

Well sorry but that is not the same as multiple threats to disconnect you, also if you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the account then yes of course you cannot continue with the service that is not a threat but common sense.

The Lady at TS never said who she spoke to, now we know.

Yes indeed which shows I am more then happy to comment on what I said and how things went which I think speaks volumes.
N/A

My guess is "ALSO"

hehe :lol:

you win stewpot has edited it
N/A

you win stewpot has edited it

Whoopee, do I win a PlusNet mug !
N/A

Wish i could remain calm and collective when everything is falling down allaround me.. :roll:
Community Veteran

edited to change the word slo to the word also just to keep us all clear Smiley

Ta!
N/A

Well sorry but that is not the same as multiple threats to disconnect you, also if you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the account then yes of course you cannot continue with the service that is not a threat but common sense.

i have had members of staff threatening me with disconnection, we will just have to agree to disagree on that.