cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy ADSL Subscriber <:( <:( <:(

N/A

Unhappy ADSL Subscriber <:( <:( <:(

It seems I spoke too soon... I have spent the last Month trying to get it connected, it turned out that Plusnet ordered the wrong configuration!

Now I am having big problems trying to get it resolved, so much so that I am even having to consider a new installation from another company, I would rather not have to take this action, but when you phone the poor guys in Support they cannot put you through to any management that may just be able to deal with the problem.

I have requested on a several occasions that someone in a senior position call me back and nothing, I have no contaced the head office number (available from Directory Enquiries) and can not speak with either John Plant (Support Manager) or Alistair Wise (Director), Now I am writing directly to Mr Wise to hopefully come to a resolve as we seem to be in a stalemate situation.

Sorry to be posting this here but I am told that the Senior Managment read this and it is the best place to post such a thing (Info from Support Desk)

Disgruntled ADSL Subscriber.
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Unhappy ADSL Subscriber <:( <:( <:(

> It seems I spoke too soon... I have spent the last Month trying to get it connected, it turned out that Plusnet ordered the wrong configuration!

Good Afternoon,

I am currently looking into your account status.

I will post back shortly after discussing this with a colleague.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

> I am currently looking into your account status.
>
> I will post back shortly after discussing this with a colleague.

Thank you, I await your return and hopefully a resolve.

Paul Benn
N/A

> Thank you, I await your return and hopefully a resolve.

Hello again,

Are you able or unable to access the "connect to" page on the router?

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
N/A

> Are you able or unable to access the "connect to" page on the router?
>
Unless anything has chenged No, I am in London and the PC in Edinburgh. I can get it connected to the office and change all the settings but only if we are going to get somewhere, if we are going to do this I would rather speak with yourself first and then we can decide on a course of Action.

Thanks

Paul Benn
N/A

> Unless anything has chenged No, I am in London and the PC in Edinburgh. I can get it connected to the office and change all the settings but only if we are going to get somewhere, if we are going to do this I would rather speak with yourself first and then we can decide on a course of Action.

Hi there,

I will take a look at your issues later today. BT's fault management system (GPMS) has suffered a failure and we are unable to get an update at present. I've updated your open ticket.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi there,
>
> I will take a look at your issues later today. BT's fault management system (GPMS) has suffered a failure and we are unable to get an update at present. I've updated your open ticket.

I am available on my mobile this evening and I can connect to the installation via Modem and change any settings. Please call.

--
Kind Regards,

Paul Benn
Ellmer Construction
I.T. & Communications Manager
N/A

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I will take a look at your issues later today. BT's fault management system (GPMS) has suffered a failure and we are unable to get an update at present. I've updated your open ticket.
I've updated your ticket again, please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Paul

Can I join your club (pissed off Plusnet customers POPC)? I too am very unhappy with my service. It has cost me nearly £170 so far for nothing. It seems that I am being passed from pillar to post, BT says it is not their problem, Plus says they are passing it to BT

I have been a customer of Virgin for about 3 years and never had 1 problem, I see Virgin are soon to offer ADSL, glad I signed up to the monthly contract now (although I think it would be easy to prove breach of contract against Plusnet right now)

Have fun, let me know if you ever get connected

Kevin

> It seems I spoke too soon... I have spent the last Month trying to get it connected, it turned out that Plusnet ordered the wrong configuration!
>
> Now I am having big problems trying to get it resolved, so much so that I am even having to consider a new installation from another company, I would rather not have to take this action, but when you phone the poor guys in Support they cannot put you through to any management that may just be able to deal with the problem.
>
> I have requested on a several occasions that someone in a senior position call me back and nothing, I have no contaced the head office number (available from Directory Enquiries) and can not speak with either John Plant (Support Manager) or Alistair Wise (Director), Now I am writing directly to Mr Wise to hopefully come to a resolve as we seem to be in a stalemate situation.
>
> Sorry to be posting this here but I am told that the Senior Managment read this and it is the best place to post such a thing (Info from Support Desk)
>
> Disgruntled ADSL Subscriber.

N/A

I too have been very disgruntled with the PlusNet ADSL service and I still have an issue outstanding regarding compensation for the many times that I have not been able to use the service. It's funny that +Net have not answered that query regarding a refund. I no longer live in hope though!!!

That said in the past few weeks things have settled down and ADSL has been working fine for me. Many of the issues seem to be BT related according to +Net. Whether that is true or not I guess you have to look at the bigger picture....lots of people are having headaches with ADSL, primarily because it is a relatively new concept in this country and the technology and support mechanisms need to make an impact.

Check out the Newsgroups and you'll see that +Net fair pretty well in comparison to Pipex and BT. I say give them a chance to get ADSL on track.

Winston

> Paul
>
> Can I join your club (pissed off Plusnet customers POPC)? I too am very unhappy with my service. It has cost me nearly £170 so far for nothing. It seems that I am being passed from pillar to post, BT says it is not their problem, Plus says they are passing it to BT
>
> I have been a customer of Virgin for about 3 years and never had 1 problem, I see Virgin are soon to offer ADSL, glad I signed up to the monthly contract now (although I think it would be easy to prove breach of contract against Plusnet right now)
>
> Have fun, let me know if you ever get connected
>
> Kevin
>
> > It seems I spoke too soon... I have spent the last Month trying to get it connected, it turned out that Plusnet ordered the wrong configuration!
> >
> > Now I am having big problems trying to get it resolved, so much so that I am even having to consider a new installation from another company, I would rather not have to take this action, but when you phone the poor guys in Support they cannot put you through to any management that may just be able to deal with the problem.
> >
> > I have requested on a several occasions that someone in a senior position call me back and nothing, I have no contaced the head office number (available from Directory Enquiries) and can not speak with either John Plant (Support Manager) or Alistair Wise (Director), Now I am writing directly to Mr Wise to hopefully come to a resolve as we seem to be in a stalemate situation.
> >
> > Sorry to be posting this here but I am told that the Senior Managment read this and it is the best place to post such a thing (Info from Support Desk)
> >
> > Disgruntled ADSL Subscriber.
>
>

N/A

Kevin,

Seems a good Idea I may see if the domain is free, Mike is helping but yet again is has been passed back to BT for further investigation. The problem is that everyday this is not working it is costing us money. The place this is installed at (ha ha) is a constrcution site and we need to download drawings so that we an build. At the moment they are having to use a primitive dialup connection at 36k to download 2-3Mb Files, this is a great big fat waste of time and resources.

The other issue is you can never speak to a manager to get anything sorted out it appears they also dont have a complaints division is this because they dont have complaints, I think not.

Anyway I have reported this to Watchdog Now and I suggest the others do the same.

It may be new technology but, how comes it got installed at my home with no problems (I have to say it was plusnet) and yet this one is now entering its second month and still not working, but needless to say I am being charged as I have had to have the account activated.

Paul