Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undelivered mai

madswitcher
Grafter

Undelivered mai

Hi All

I am getting a lot of e-mails in my default e-mail address from other e-mail managers about undelivered e-mail. The e-mail adress supposedly used is not one that I have registered, so it is as if something is using my plusnet account as a relay station.

Any ideas of what it might be and how to get rid of it.

Cheers

Mike
4 REPLIES
N/A

Undelivered mai

Hi Mike,

Sounds like someone has faked your e-mail address, probably for the purpose of spamming. This happened to me a little while ago. The only thing I found I could do was filter it and delete it.

Sorry it's not very helpful.
Liam
Grafter

Undelivered mai

We're changing the way our E-Mail platform works very soon.

Bob Pullen has posted some useful information about this here :

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52882
madswitcher
Grafter

Undelivered mai

Thanks for the prompt replies chaps.

At least I know now that its not one of our machines being infected. Cheesy

I don't use the default mailbox box that often as it just fills up with junk. So I use the 'Delmail' tool to delete the whole contents. However, I then tried an experiment to see how much is coming in per day and it amounts to about 50 e-mail. No wonder the Internet is choked.

Thanks again

Mike
sam
Grafter

Undelivered mai

Hi hastings1066,

Do you want the default mailbox blackholing, this will stop you having to delmail the default mailbox.

If you do wish for us to do this, please setup mailboxes for the names you use and one for postmaster and then raise a ticket for the blackhole.

If you do wish to do this, you can give us a nudge when you have raised the ticket and we will get someone to pick up the ticket.