cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view secure websites

N/A

I am unable to view ibanking, Hotmail or even Microsofts website?? I have carried out a repair install of XP and SP2 with ALL hotfixes. I have re-set my Belkin router to factory settings. Still no joy. I can search blogs, google and all the othe nif naf, but not secure websites.

I logged into my neigbours wireless router; also a Belkin and hay presto, I can now surf secure websites.

It would seem PlusNet are blocking me from their end - I assume - because I have covered all routes.

Any ideas please......! Sad

Dainty
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Do you have the plusnet firewall enabled - it is on by default for BB+ users. Try disabling it then rebooting your router to see if that fixes things.
N/A

Peter,

Firewall is off. But I did enable it "Disconnected" and turned it off and "Disconnected" again and still no joy. This is a weird one. As I said before, I connected to onother wireless router next door and it allows me to connect to secure websites, so it must be my ISP!

Thanks in advance.... Smiley

Wayne
Bookman
Grafter

Wayne,
Have you raised a "Question" on this problem with PN? Sometimes things which appear as switched off in your connection settings are not really swithed off. I had this problem with spam settings - they were showing "off" in my settings but were actually on!

But when I raised a question PN sorted it quickly - and they are there on the weekend too! Shocked
N/A

Thanks M8,

I have posted a question with them, just waiting for an answer; I'm sure it's busy in there. I nearly always get my problems sorted in forums though - This place is full of experts and answers; pitty my prob is not in here yet Cheesy

Thanks for the reply Smiley