Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to VPN

N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi All,

I have a very urgent problem.
I am working from home and since 2 days ago I am unable to connect to my work VPN through PlusNet, I am getting: disconnected. error 721 the remote computer did not respond
Through other ISP it is working.
Any ideas?
54 REPLIES
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Have you got the Plusnet firewall turned on?

It needs to be off for VPN's to work as I understand it.

Also, have you changed packages recently, or made any other changes to your setup that could coincide with your problem starting?
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi,

PlusNet firewall is turned off, haven't changed any package or setting...
Community Veteran

Unable to connect to VPN

Has this worked in the past or is this the first time you have tried it?

Try rebooting your PC & router.

Also what package are you on? BBYW option 1 can have problems with VPN connections.
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi,

This worked fine for the past 7 months.
Already tried rebooting my PC & router.
I am on the 14.99 package.
The way I see it, plusnet must have changed something in their DNS/IPs that prevents me from connecting.
Community Veteran

Unable to connect to VPN

There are at least 3 and possibly 4 products that cost £14.99, which one are you on - see account details -> account summary.

Have you exceeded any monthly allowances?

Does it work after mignight (i.e. off-peak)
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb.

Anyway, it worked fine for the past 7 months with this package up until 2 days ago, don't tell me that all of a sudden it is not "VPN Compatible" as I am able to connect to other VPNs...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi there,

What gateway are you on? We're about to do some load balancing as ptn-ag2 has been showing some pretty nasty latency today. This is likely to be due to the problem a few days ago where we dropped a lot of customers early in the morning.

If you're on this gateway try a disconnect and reconnect, get yourself on another gateway and let us know if you still have problems.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi,

I am currently connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 7" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as thn-ag3.

So it's not the problematic one
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

We too have just lost our ability to connect via VPN - been working for 2 years with no problems until Monday 23rd July - approx 16:00 - we are currently going through Telehouse North, Juniper 1" gateway (ptn-ag1)

Does this help ? getting pretty desperate now
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

It started happening to me at the same date and time!
Plusnet, you don't need a rocket science to see that you've got a problem here!
Community Veteran

Unable to connect to VPN

And you don't need to be rude to get a responce.

Chilly
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

I am loosing 3 business days already and all I get from PlusNet are marketing solutions instead of technical ones. So, it's only natural to get excited.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi,

Which VPN is it that you're using, I'm checking the rules to see if I can spot anything obvious but would be easier if I knew exactly what VPN software you are using.
N/A

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi,

I am not using any VPN software, just the standard XP wizard to create one. If I haven't mentioned it yet than with the same pc and router but a different ISP it is working OK, so it's not a pc/router problem but an ISP one.
I've run Wireshark to capture the packets while reproducing the problem I will be happy if someone could analyse it for me.