cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access website?

N/A

One of the sites I frequent is no longer accessible, and yet I know for a fact it is still up and running, could it be a DNS problem?
The site: http://www.asiandvdclub.org
11 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

This has been posted elsewhere in the forum.

It would appear the site is blocking traffic from a number of IP ranges including Plusnet and some other ISPs. The site works fine from my servers in the US.
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

That particular site was mentioned elsewhere on the forums within the last couple of days.

There appears to be a routing issue or IP blocking issue with the site owners.

The problem is down to the site as opposed to Plus Net.

If I find the original thread I'll provide a link to it.

Hope that helps, a bit.
N/A

This is what i get when i use a proxy..

THIS SITE asiandvdclub.HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY SHUT DOWN BY THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION AND THE MOTION PICTURE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

AND

This notice serves as notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512, or equivalent notice provisions of your local law, that content that was residing on this website (HTTP://ASIANDVDCLUB.ORG) infringes on the copyrights of the Motion Picture Association of America, namely movies belonging to the Motion Picture Association of America.

Posting of movies belonging to the Motion Picture Association of America as described above is not authorized by the Motion Picture Association of America, any of its agents, or by law. Agents authorized to act on behalf of Motion Picture Association of America have taken steps to locate and remove and disable access to the material on this site (HTTP://ASIANDVDCLUB.ORG) . Individuals that were administering this web site are under investigation for copyright infringement.
N/A

I know they haven't been shut down, I can still log on using my mobile phone, I think that is the message that banned users see to deter them from moaning about it.
N/A

I know they haven't been shut down, I can still log on using my mobile phone, I think that is the message that banned users see to deter them from moaning about it.

I don't Know abut that but the FBI Banner looks legit and the Link to the FBI :shock:
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

That particular site was mentioned elsewhere on the forums within the last couple of days.

There appears to be a routing issue or IP blocking issue with the site owners.

The problem is down to the site as opposed to Plus Net.

If I find the original thread I'll provide a link to it.

Hope that helps, a bit.

If you can find it that'd be great, hopefully there's a workaround, I'll be gutted if I can't access the site anymore!
N/A

As promised Link to original thread.
N/A

As promised Link to original thread.

Much appreciated!
Sproglet
Grafter

I know they haven't been shut down, .....

I don't Know abut that but the FBI Banner looks legit and the Link to the FBI :shock:

I've just tried the link at the top of the page from my work IP.
Works fine from it.
Will check from home IP.
N/A

Way OT but I had to comment.

losprog. That has to be one of the best sigs I've seen in a long time. Good one. lol
LiamM
Grafter

Uhuh, works fine from my servers also.

Clicky...