cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access most websites

N/A

Since this morning I have been unable to connect to most websites. After speaking with customer support they agreed that quite a few customers are having this problem.

Any updates on this issue?
31 REPLIES
James
Grafter

I think I overheard someone say that there had been a dodgy zone alarm update this morning.

1 - Do you use ZA?
2 - If so, you can try uninstalling and see if it rectifies the situation at all?
N/A

I dont run Zone Alarm and even with my Hardware FW disabled I still have the issue. The customer support guy did say it was a problem with plusnet. I can ping every site, nslookup is working too but i'm unable to connect via url. I spoke to CS about 11:00 this morning.

I did have some changes made to my account yesterday by plusnet.
James
Grafter

I've reversed the changes made to your profile yesterday. Can you try rebooting and see if this makes any difference?
N/A

My line is back @ 608 / 7616 but I'm still unable to connect to sites like www.bbc.co.uk, www.msn.co.uk or even plus.net. (i'm posting via a vpn tunnel from another computer)
I can ping all the sites above.

www.google.co.uk and tesco.com work fine.

Thanks James
James
Grafter

Hi Kevin,

Do you know which value you are using for your MTU?
N/A

MTU Size = 1500

I have error in the IP section of my router

Ping Address = 195.166.128.123
Ping Address Description = Remote peer IP address (DNS was not reachable)
James
Grafter

Can you try 1440 and 1458 for me and see if you notice any difference?
N/A

My router doesn't allow me to change the MTU from the web interface and i've never used the CLI of this router Sad

I know my connection has been fine with an MTU of 1500 for last few months. So i guess other customers aren't getting this problem Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi again,

I haven't really seen any other complains about DNS issues (ok, many other complaints). See if you can work out if you can change the MTU, just in case it helps at all Smiley
hitachi
Grafter

Use drtcp to change it on your computer (assuming you use windows)and it will pass through your router unchanged.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've seen a couple of reports (less than 10) so it's not a widespread problem but there's something linking them (might be the same areas, not been able to check that yet).

If you can try changing the MTU to 1430 and RWIN to 55600 using DrTCP (reboot the PC after changing) this may help in pinpointing the cause.
N/A

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having - on LLU in Southampton. I guess it probably started yesterday (I was away the weekend). Now I can access www.google.com and other google sites but that's about it. I can ping whatever I want so it's not a DNS issue, I just can't get web traffic.

Help?!?
N/A

Same problem here since about 2pm (not exactly sure when) yesterday afternoon.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,

The networks team are investigating this further at the moment. Service Status will be updated shortly and I'll keep you posted.