cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Adobe Website

N/A

I can access any website ok via my browser except the only site I can't get to is www.adobe.com or adobe.co.uk. and get "The page cannot be displayed". I cannot download Adobe Reader, Flash or Shockwave. I have tried TRACERT & to Ping both and get "Request Timed Out". I can TRACERT & Ping any other site ok. I have 3 PCs on a local network and all have the same problem. I use AVG & ZoneAlarm and a Tomson Speedtouch ADSL router. I do not have the router firewall switched on. I am not blocking access to any site via ZoneAlarm or Internet Explorer. I have also cleared the DNS cache using "ipconfig /flushdns" but that did no good. Any ideas please why I cannot access just this site. Thanks, Mike.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi Mike

I have no probs with the adobe site (except it is often quite slow).

There is no "adobe.co.uk" I don't think. I think it is just www.adobe.com/uk/

You say you have flushed your local dns, but have you cleared you browsers cache? (I suspect you allready have actualy).

Have you tried momentarily lowering your soft firewall to connect?

Can you connect using this link >> http://192.150.18.61/

Can you access the sites using a proxy? Try this anonymouse Link
If you can, then it may suggest that your IP or an IP range that you fall into is being blocked for some reason.

It may still be an local config prob, perhaps it could be your MTU and RWIN settings on your router and/or pc's.
N/A

Seventhstar, thanks very much for your help.
I have spent weeks on this problem and can see nothing wrong on my 3 PCs.
The first link did the same as always "The page cannot be displayed". I shut down ZoneAlarm, but still got the same.
The second link worked and it is the first time I have seen Adobe from my home PCs. I am a Premier customer and think I have a static address, I will confirm this. I have no idea why anyone would block my IP address from accessing Adobe. If I am being blocked, then I could be fiddling with local setting forever. I'm not sure why MTU of RWIN settings would affect only one site.
I suppose I need another IP address or contact Adobe and ask if they are blocking me. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again, I feel I am getting somewhere.
Community Veteran

Hi Mike

It is indeed possible for the MTU settings to affect just a few sites. (Issues with certain online banking sites crop up from time to time which are sometimes resolved by adjusting MTU/RWIN).

See this link > http://www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks
And check out Kitz site here > http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/tweak2.htm (BTW Kitz is a PN user who visits here and on PUG, amongst other places.

You say a tracert or ping won't respond.
Ping to adobe doesn't respond for me either, so they obviously have their server setup not to respond to ping.

Could you post a tracert?
(You can press "Ctrl+C" to stop the tracert after you have had a few instances of no server responce)
Select all> copy and paste it in this thread plz.

I think you mentioned using IE. Which version is it?

Could you try a different browser? Opera or Firefox?

Another thing, could you check your "hosts" file for any entry of adobe.com.

If you are using WinXP you should find it in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc"
Open "hosts" using notepad and search for "adobe".
If you find an entry for "adobe", then delete it and save hosts. (save type> All Files, then save as "hosts" without an extension). You will need to use your admin account for this of course.
I think you need to reboot for hosts change to take effect.