cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT WARNING - Fax2Email and Broadband Your Way

Nick_Russell
Grafter

I have just changed my broadband PAYG to one of the new broadband your way packages.

This went through very quickly within a few hours and all seemed OK. However, I have just found out that my Fax2Email has been cancelled. This is completely unacceptable and I cannot believe that the fax2mail is cancelled without any warning. It is only as I specifically checked my ticket that I learnt about this.

I am incensed that PlusNet can make such a change without any warning. There is no comment that changing to one of the new packages will cause you to loose your number.

I would be very interested to learn what others feel about this.
17 REPLIES
Fixes: 115

In the thread Introducing Broadband Your Way on page 8:

The fax2email service has been withdrawn from the new products. It will remain active, however, for customer who have already enabled it and then make the switch to Broadband Your Way. But it won't be available to new customers.

I also asked what would happen if we move across and the fax2email is turned off from lack of use. There has been no reply as yet.

For me fax2email is not necessary but is very convenient. To keep it active I just send myself a fax every 10 to 12 weeks. Obviously, in your case, something else has gone awry.

Good luck!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Nick_Russell
Grafter

This is very interesting. I have been told I have to go back to my old product as a special exceptional request to keep my fax2email.

Would PlusNet care to comment?

Why can't I go to new product and keep my fax number?
Fixes: 115

Is this so that your fax2email can be re-instated (I suspect you'd be given a new number) and then attempt a move to BBYW again after or have you been told t hat that is the only way to keep the fax2email?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

This doesn't seem like a good customer experience to me. I'll look at this on Monday.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

As quoted above...

The fax2email service has been withdrawn from the new products. It will remain active, however, for customer who have already enabled it and then make the switch to Broadband Your Way. But it won't be available to new customers.

In view of this I look forward to a response Monday.
Community Veteran

As nieve as this may seem i actually use the F2E for my buisness until I get something sorted so this is very worrying Shocked I as previously posted do the same and send myself fax to keep the number live.
Ziggur
Grafter

I am still on my original PAYG package but I am also on the RIN trial.

My Fax2Email "keep-alive" test has just failed to connect even though this service is showing as Active in my Email Settings.

I have raised a ticket.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,

The problem with the fax2email component being destroyed has now been resolved, and account changes are working as we would expect.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused here.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Has this been fixed for me? I can't now see anything about fax2email in account, email or connection menus. Please would you let me know where I can see this info, for example where I say which email address the fax should go to.

Edit 16.51. Icon now shown...awaiting to get my original number restored.
Ziggur
Grafter

My Fax2Email "keep-alive" test has just failed to connect even though this service is showing as Active in my Email Settings.

My bad Sad

Following a quick response to my ticket I checked again and the Fax2Email is working
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Excellent Cheesy
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Sorry to say mine isn't working. My old fax number still not reinstated.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Your ticket's with the network guys to re-allocate the number, I expect it will be done tomorrow.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Fax number back! All OK now. Many thanks to everyone involved in sorting this out for me.