Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPLOAD SPEEDS

jabns2
Grafter

UPLOAD SPEEDS

Hi there,

Just wondering is anyone getting upload speeds above 448kbps.

I am on a bussiness premiere account that should be getting 832kbps but instead i am getting upload speeds of 224kbps and my other account in the same town is getting 448kbps (bussiness premier). When i ask force9 they just say that it is a perfectly acceptable speed and that if i want a fast upload speed to purchase a leased line or there SDSL product.

Great they only hire sales assistants for there support lines. Evil

Many thanks,
2 REPLIES
N/A

UPLOAD SPEEDS

Are those low speeds the modem sync speeds? or just what you are measuring with speed testers?

If sync speed, then I think there is something wrong. The upload bandwidth on ADSL is provided in the lower frequency range which will not suffer from poor sync speeds before download speeds are affected.

i.e. to put it simply..... if you have any line quality issues that could reduce your sync speeds, it will always impact your download sync long before it hits your upload sync. The downloads are at higher frequencies than uploads, that means downloads will suffer more attenuation on long or poor quality lines while the uploads are still easily in the "safe zone" at the lower end of the spectrum.

I'm not sure you'll get many responses on the poll because most of us are not on the business product.
jabns2
Grafter

UPLOAD SPEEDS

Yes the low speeds are my upload speeds(sync). My dowload speeds are fine they are syncing at 5856kbps(sync) although i am only getting 4mbps but i can cope with that. I just need the upload speeds. When asking force9 they just said that they can't do anything as there is no guarentied upload speed. So i am just paying primium price for a poor service.

Thanks alot F9 for your trully amazing service.