cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UL speed for 8mb

N/A

UL speed for 8mb

WHEN we get the 8mb service what will the UL speed be, can't find it anywhere ?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

UL speed for 8mb

Home Max (equivalent to the BT IPStream home products @ 50:1) upto 448Kbs
Office Max (equiv to the BT IPStream office products @ 20:1) upto 832Kbs.

All of the residential products (BB PAYG, BB+, BB premier) are in the Home Max group.

Some of the cheaper office products that use a 50:1 connection will also be in the Home Max group.

The larger/expensive office products (that use 20:1) will be in the Office Max group.

What you actually get is dependant on your line condition but it will sync at the highest reliable speed it can within the range of the product.

linky.
N/A

UL speed for 8mb

Peter,

I think it may be worth mentioning that when LLU is introduced the upload speed on these is 768kbps ( approx 90Kb/s ). This is unless Plusnet are able to govern the upload speed and in the interests of fairness decide to limit the upload speed on LLU to the same as that of MAX DSL.

Regards,
N/A

UL speed for 8mb

Hmm,

Actually I have just seen a post by Dave which has a link to easynets contention ratio structer.

It would appear the easynet offer both 400 and 768kbps upload speeds both with 50:1 and 20:1 contentions.

the link I am refering to is HERE

I wonder if the pricing on both of these is different and what Plusnet are intending on doing in this situation.

Regards,