cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK=ukraine?

oliverb
Grafter

UK=ukraine?

Just an observation: Verisign/Network solutions appear to only recognise the abbreviation GB (Great Britain) in contact details. Several times I've seen UK replaced by UKR and on the new system I can find no option for United Kingdom on the country menu.

Why am I posting this here: Simple, Plusnet's Whois data may need updating, it's inconsistant at the moment.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: UK=ukraine?

> Just an observation: Verisign/Network solutions appear to only recognise the abbreviation GB (Great Britain) in contact details. Several times I've seen UK replaced by UKR and on the new system I can find no option for United Kingdom on the country menu.
>
> Why am I posting this here: Simple, Plusnet's Whois data may need updating, it's inconsistant at the moment.

Good morning,

If you post the details of what you think is inconsistant within the whois information I will pass the on to the department that deals with those issue's and get you a response.

Regards

--
| Lee Mckenzie.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
oliverb
Grafter

I take it back, United Kingdom was in the list. Anyway here's the Whois for plus.net

Registrant:
PlusNet Technologies Ltd (PLUS87-DOM)
Internet House 8 Furnival Road
Victoria Quays, SHEFFIELD, South
Yorkshire S4 7YA 85018
UK
No Valid City <--------note this
No Valid State <--------and this

Domain Name: PLUS.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
PlusNet Technologies Ltd (PL448-ORG) sbedford@PLUS.NET.UK
PlusNet Technologies Ltd
Internet House 8 Furnival Road
SHEFFIELD, South Yorkshire S4 7YA
GB
+44 114 2200081 fax: - - +44 114 2200088

As you can see one says GB, the other UK and as usual their database has failed to map a non USA address onto their fields. No problem, just looks a bit scruffy for a professional ISP.
>
> Good morning,
>
> If you post the details of what you think is inconsistant within the whois information I will pass the on to the department that deals with those issue's and get you a response.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> | Lee Mckenzie.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for relaying that information I will pass this on as stated although it will probably not get updated until we need to change some other information at which time I guess this missing information will be updated.

Regards

--
| Lee Mckenzie.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Just a note: Royal Mail no longer uses the county name in postal addresses (probably because the authorities kept changing them - remember the demise of Avon?)
oliverb
Grafter

> Just a note: Royal Mail no longer uses the county name in postal addresses (probably because the authorities kept changing them - remember the demise of Avon?)

As far as I know the postcode takes precidence over county, town and even street name, such that they have been able to deliver mail addresed with just a name and a postcode.