cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK online 2MB or Newsgroups

N/A

Plus Net if I'm willing to stay, is there any idea of timescale when the newsgroups will work 100% for the majority of the time.

I'm quite happy to be limited to 140GB for my 1MB line, but only if I always have satisfactory newsgroups. Its a great service apart from this aspect but I may as well get a 2MB product for the same price if the newsgroups continue in there current form.

Sorry guys but I am in favour if of restrictions if it means newsgroups work!
18 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

We reinstalled Spool01 last week. This caught up early so we put it live again on Friday. Come next week there should be 100% completion across the platform. Also, the plans we are intending to impose to ensure the platform is not hit as hard as it has been will ensure that it stays at a very high completion going forward.
N/A

Thanks for the reply.

Was my comment correct at present 140GB for the 1MB line per month max under fair usage when it is introduced? I'm no where near this but just want to check.
Community Veteran

Nope, the amount hasn't been decided yet - hence the survey etc.

Thomas
Community Veteran

I don't think any usenet suppler can clain 100% completion Luke.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi,

As Thomas said, we have not decided on the fair usage amounts yet. It won't be a cap, but a curb and will allow flexibility so you can use more than the amount for some months, but it will not allow you to constantly go over.
N/A

But what sort of amount are you talking about for 1MB lines. You must have a rough idea.
N/A

If the PN newsserver is not up to scratch then you can go for cheaper connection with UK Online and then pay £10-15 for unlimited access to dedicated newserver.
N/A

All depends on how much we are allowed per month. Plus Net some guidance please.
lhorwath
Grafter

Did you fill in the survey?

The choices for 1Mb is the rough amount we are looking at.

60 GB
70 GB
80 GB
90 GB
100 GB
110 GB
120 GB

and that is excluding night time usage and only downloads.
N/A

Did you fill in the survey?

The choices for 1Mb is the rough amount we are looking at.

60 GB
70 GB
80 GB
90 GB
100 GB
110 GB
120 GB

and that is excluding night time usage and only downloads.

All this confuses me. Can you explain a little more as I'm not technically minded, apologies. What do newsgroup downloads come under if you say only downloads.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

The amounts I posted previously are the range of data transfer amounts that we are looking to implement a fair usage curb.

ALL traffic that is downloaded to your computer is counted. ie emails, web pages, & Usenet are all included.
N/A

Wow, as little as 60GB is be looking at. Wouldn't be worth having Usenet for downloading.

I've been with you for less than 12 months if you implement this and I decided I would like to leave what would I be charged? Could I move for nothing as I came to you believing you had good newsgroups and unlimited access to them if I chose to use them.
lhorwath
Grafter

because you migrated in under the special offer we were running at the time, there will be a £14.99 fee if you leave before the 12 months is up.

We have not changed our terms and conditions so we would not be able to allow you to leave for free.
N/A

Paying £12 to brake the contract is nothing (that is if you migrated to PN and had your own modem). It's not like breaking a mobile phone contract where you have to pay off all the monthly line rentals remaining.