Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Internet Users vote PlusNet number one for Customer Servi

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

May be I have not been looking in the right place but if not, why has more not been made of the following press release on these pages ? Whatever the answer, congratulations Plusnet; this does answer some of the critics in these discussion forums. I think that this recognition is well deserved. (PS. Since writing this, I have now seen it referred to on the Member Centre page but do many people ever go there ?)

UK Internet Users vote PlusNet number one for Customer Service
Posted Thursday, November 11, 2004

PlusNet twice honoured in national Internet awards

PlusNet is delighted to announce that it has won not one, but two major categories in this year's influential Future UK Internet Awards. Crowned 'Best Consumer ISP' for its popular range of great value products and services, PlusNet has also been honoured with the 'Customer Service Award' - voted number one both by the public and a panel of magazine and industry experts alike.

The Customer Service Award, sponsored by Internet and Broadband Advisor magazine, has been awarded to the Internet business that has demonstrated the best customer service throughout the year. PlusNet beat off several highly respected names to this prestigious trophy from all areas of electronic commerce.

Dan McNamara, Editor of Internet & Broadband Advisor said: "In 2004, PlusNet has led a price revolution in the consumer market, and most importantly has continued to deliver in the key areas of reliability, speed and customer service. In our experience their customers are a happy bunch, and the votes speak for themselves, making PlusNet a deserving winner."

Marco Potesta, Marketing Director at PlusNet said: "We're delighted to have been awarded two Future UK Internet awards this year. It's a great honour that recognises the continued success of PlusNet and particularly places emphasis on the dedication and efforts of our employees. Our sincere thanks go to them, and to our customers for voting for us."

2004 has been a remarkable year for PlusNet. Having launched 512k broadband from just £14.99 per month earlier in the year, with free transfer for new customers moving to PlusNet from another broadband provider, it successfully floated on AIM in July.

The last few months have seen continued innovation, with increased broadband availability across the UK and more low-prices from PlusNet, with 1Mb broadband now starting from only £14.99 and 2Mb products from only £19.99 per month
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

Naturally we're very proud of these awards, and wish pass on our thanks to the customers.
The awards were only announced at 2pm today, so you're quite quick off the mark in posting here.

The link in the member centre goes here, which is a big thank you page to our customers.
As it says on the page "Winning these awards would not have been possible without your support!"
shermans
Rising Star

I think the reason Plusnet did so well is probably because, despite all the ranting and raving on these forum pages (even by me), Plusnet does actually take the trouble to answer personally and to be accountable to its members, which is more than can be said for the big boys. Plusnet is not frightened about allowing its members to let off steam, and is usually responsive to fair criticism.

It is a bit of an old fashioned approach in these days of call centres, automatic call routing and outsourcing jobs to India but rather refreshing. Don't just thank the voters, take some credit yourselves.

Good luck.

Nick Sherman
Community Veteran

Excellent news, well done PlusNet. This is hopefully good for the share price Smiley

Chris
N/A

Nick took the words right out of my mouth Smiley
thejudge
Grafter

I have to say that, in the 18 months I've been with PlusNet, my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

Well done, folks. I'll put the awards logos next to the PlusNet one one my site later on. (crawl, crawl!) Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

They are definately well deserving of this commendation. Well done PlusNet and keep up the fantastic work! (Don't introduce Caps, please!)
joecool
Grafter

Great work guys............keep it going !
N/A

Every search I have made for internet service providers I haven't found one that offers a forum like PlusNet.

In my opinion that has to be a huge plus and the award is well deserved.
N/A

These are quite a few that offer forums. Some as part of sponsored customer site (IE, similar to Usertools), others as part of there core package.

VISPA iirc, have one. I don't spend time looking for them though, mainly from links with funny tails of CS gone bad, good or "gone wrong in twisted ways".
thejudge
Grafter

theattic inscribed :

Every search I have made for internet service providers I haven't found one that offers a forum like PlusNet.

That was the clincher for me. When broadband became available here, I was going to sign up to another ISP (anything to get away from T*sc*l*!), but their ISP went tits-up just as I was about to join.

I looked around a few ISPs which were recommended by a site whose name I can't remember now, and it was reading the PN forums which made my mind up.

It seemed (and still seems, to me at least) that when something goes koo-koo, PN will say so. T*sc*l* just pretended that nothing ever went wrong. :x
N/A

Zen won best broadband ISP - but they cost £5 per month more for their 1MB basic home package.
lowry
Grafter

Yes, VISPA also have a forum which is similar to PlusNet's. They seem to have an excellent reputation for customer service also. The small-medium ISPs definitley do it better than the big boys normally (think Gio Internet, etc.).

matt Wink