cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Months without connection

N/A

Hi,

I lost my internet connection in May. My router will not sync to the exchange. After many calls to PN, I paid for an engineer to sort it out. He came and checked everything, and using his own equipment on the master socket, was unable to sync with the exchange. He contacted PN while he was here and went through it with them. They performed their tests and confirmed there was a fault. This was esculated and then the ticket was closed. This was June. I have now opened another ticket which has again been esculated, but still no response to it and still no internet.

I am at my witts end with PN, the 0845 number does not work and the 0906 number goes unanswered. Does anyone know what is going on at PN? Are they going out of business or something?Huh
10 REPLIES
N/A

the way they are going, they will SOON be out of buisiness!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I have escalated this for you and it has now been raised to BT for resolution. BT standard response time is 48 hours. Please leave your equipment powered up for the duration of the fault process.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Two Months without connection

Question is - If the BT engineer found a fault why did he not fix it? That's what the engineer was called out for surely.

Hi,

I lost my internet connection in May. My router will not sync to the exchange. After many calls to PN, I paid for an engineer to sort it out. He came and checked everything, and using his own equipment on the master socket, was unable to sync with the exchange. He contacted PN while he was here and went through it with them. They performed their tests and confirmed there was a fault. This was esculated and then the ticket was closed. This was June. I have now opened another ticket which has again been esculated, but still no response to it and still no internet.

I am at my witts end with PN, the 0845 number does not work and the 0906 number goes unanswered. Does anyone know what is going on at PN? Are they going out of business or something?Huh
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I don't think the engineer the OP mentions was a BT engineer.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Even worse then - Why did he have to pay for an engineer himself if he had already reported the fault to PlusNet? Terrible service on PlusNet side having to wait two months to get a non connection fault passed to BT.
N/A

It was a pc engineer, not BT.

Thanks for the response PN, why does nobody answer the phones?
Mand
Grafter

Hi

We are very very busy in the CSC at the moment, and have some fairly hefty backlogs to work through. Phones are being answered, though there are delays, and you can now leave a message in the case of no connectivity, where one of our faults agents will call you back.

On the whole, things are improving slowly. We know the situation is far from ideal at the moment and, as I'm sure some of you are aware, this is why the CSC is changing, in terms of people, processes and policies.
N/A

Hello Mand,

Please can you look into ( read through ) ticket 19787065? I've had no connection since 22/06/06, flashing ADSL light. I've previously raised faults under ticket 19670769 and 19669997 ( I closed down the later in error ).

Does plusnet offer a regrade service back to 2mb?

Regards,

tvr
N/A

Terrible service on PlusNet side having to wait two months to get a non connection fault passed to BT.

Hey, that makes two of us!

Indeed, terrible service. What are we supposed to do for 2months? Sit and wait? Nevermind that PlusNet keeps billing as if they are actually providing service during this whole time...
N/A

2 months? That is truly shocking.

You should think about taking some strong action.